Job in Nairobi, Kenya at Finn Church Aid(FCA), Regional Grants Manager October 2013
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid.
Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations.
FCA is looking for a Regional Grants Manager – Nairobi, Kenya
The Regional Grants Manager will lead the fundraising efforts in the Eastern and Southern Africa Region as well as support the programme staff in the management of existing grants, ensuring compliance to donor requirements.
This is to be done in close cooperation with colleagues both at the ESARO, colleagues in Helsinki and FCA partners.
The Regional Grants Manager will report to the Regional Representative of the FCA Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) in Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Explore new funding opportunities and develop regional fundraising
- Negotiations/co-partnering in negotiations with donor representatives
- Taking strong lead of the application phase
- Taking a role in the implementation phase, at the startup of the projects
- Oversee the implementation of projects, providing technical support to ensure compliance with donor requirements
- FCA staff training and partner capacity building in fundraising tools and grants management
- Undertake other duties as designated
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Minimum 5 year work experience in global grants, other experience in NGOs is an asset
- Donor intelligence
- Excellent networking and communicating skills
- Proven experience in grants writing
- Fluent written and oral English, additional language skills are appreciated
- Proven team orientation skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Leadership skills are much appreciated
- Willing to travel in the region (requirement of valid driving license)
The contract for the permanent position will be made according to agreement.
The salary is based on FCA collective agreement and salary policy.
Interested candidates should submit their application by 7th October 2013.