May 2017 Job Employment Male Clinical Officer NGO in Kenya
Career Employment: Male Clinical Officer NGO in Kenya
Clinical Officer Job at Beacon of Hope Africa
The position is responsible for providing clinical services to outpatients at the Beacon of Hope Clinic.
Clinical Officer Job Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to patients.
- Perform triage duties in the absence of a triage nurse.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment for the clients to reduce morbidity, mortality and increase longevity of the patients’ life.
- Perform minor surgical operations.
- In collaboration with the team receive and attend to patients who require emergency services
- Ensure the clinic treatment rooms are well equipped at all times.
Ensure excellent standards and quality of clinical and Home based Care services.
- Ensure that patient data/ information is handled confidentially at all times.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- Participate in the community out-reach programs – home based care
- Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure proper and cost effective use of resources.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Management of HIV/AIDs
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to HIV/AIDS patients.
- Take the patients history to ascertain the right treatment
- Provide antiretroviral therapy and general medical care to HIV/AIDS infected patients.
- Give treatment while ensuring that established treatment protocols and treatment process as well as
- dispensing of drugs are carried out efficiently.
- Maintain confidentiality of all activities to preserve dignity of patients.
- Collaborate with HBC and Nutrition staff for best patient care.
- Ensure accurate and secure documentation of activities is kept
- Participate in evidence informed interventions targeting youth and the general population.
- Maintain adequate supplies drugs at all times.
- Maintain up-to-date patient records at the clinic.
- Adhere to good practices in environmental health and sanitation as well as waste disposal according to BoH established Policy.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications for the Clinical Officer Job
- KSCE with a minimum grade B-
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Nursing
- Kenya Registered Clinical Officer
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in a similar position
- Must be diligent, honest and responsible
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills maintaining high morale among staff
- Ability to offer quality services at all times to all patients
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- An individual with a passion for the wellbeing of patients
- Calm and working beyond the call of duty to serve
- Keen and attentive to details
- A love and a heart to serve the community
- Computer literate
How To Apply
All interested applicants to please send their cvs to email@example.com.The position is opened until filled.