Weights and Measures Officer Job at County Government of Nyeri
The County Government of Nyeri wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the above position.
Weights and Measures Officer II, Job Group “J” – One (1) Post
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Officer, the Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Testing and stamping mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring equipment;
- Collecting data on verified equipment at traders premises, stamping stations and verification office;
- Sampling prepackaged goods for quantitative analysis;
- Preparing testing equipment for inspection and investigation purposes;
- Preparing weighing and measuring equipment during trade fairs and exhibitions; and
- Giving evidence in court on cases arising from infringement of the weights and Measures Act (Cap 513 Laws of Kenya) and Trade Descriptions Act (Cap 505 Laws of Kenya).
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Weights and Measures Officer.
Requirements for appointments
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Physics, Mathematics, Legal Metrology, Information Communication Technology or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya.
Remuneration and benefits
- Salary – As per Salaries and Remuneration (SRC)
- Terms of service – Three (3) years renewable contract.
- Service Gratuity – 31% of basic salary on completion of the contract
- Medical Cover – Provided for self, spouse and dependent children upto 2 years of age.
- Leave – 30 days annual leave with leave allowance
All Applicants MUST attach their CVs together with certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic and professional certificates and other testimonials
- National Identity Card
Applicants for the position of Director will be required to further avail certified copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Clearance from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance certificates from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
Officers working in the National Government, County Government(s) and other Government Bodies in similar or related positions are encouraged to apply.
Women and Person Living with Disabilities (PLWD) and meeting the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Written applications, together with the required documents should be sent to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET
P.O BOX 90-10100, NYERI
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 14th April 2018.