Nov 2017 Job Employment World Vision For Tana River Project Officers (Nutrition)
Job Vacancy: World Vision For Tana River Project Officers
Career Employment: World Vision For Tana River Project Officers
Project Officer – Nutrition (Tana River)
Purpose of the position: Ensure the successful implementation and monitoring of nutrition interventions using different models among them Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition, Maternal infant and young child nutrition, Positive Hearth Deviance.
To effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Effective Project, Planning and Implementation 55%
- Provide field-level technical support to Ministry of Health staff at county, subcounty and at health facilities to ensure implementation of quality nutrition interventions.
- In liaison with partners develop Annual project work plans with clear targets, budgets and detailed implementation plans
- Coordinate trainings for MoH staff and communities
- Coordinate monthly meetings with sub counties to ensure implementation of nutrition activities is on track
- In liaison with MoH ,mobilize communities to participate in nutrition project implementation during assessments, implementation, monitoring and evaluations
- Ensure effective integration of nutrition to other sectors among them Agriculture/Food security, WASH, education, food assistance
- Ensure project processes such as purchases are done in line with WV approved policies
- Ensure integration of Child protection, Disability, Gender mainstreaming and environmental protection into nutrition interventions
- In liaison with project accountant track project implementation expenditure levels and budgets
- In collaboration with project manager, ensure the timely preparation and implementation of phase-out strategy
- Develop monitoring plan with communities and partners
- Conduct monthly monitoring of indicators as per M&E plan
- Analyze nutrition information from health information system for purpose of making decisions
- Ensure Health information system at the sub county level is updated on monthly basis
- Develop quality reports such as weekly situation reports, monthly reports, Semi-annual and Annual in-line with WV and donor(s) reporting guidelines;
- Monthly monitor project expenditure and level of implementation and report any variances to Project Manager and/ or NO Programme Officer focal person for decision making
- Document best practices, human interest stories and work with project manager and national level M&E officer to refine the stories for publication
- Participate in County/sub county level partnerships with other actors working on nutrition and food security to influence the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) agenda in Kenya.
- Effectively represent of WVK in nutrition stakeholder meetings and celebrations at county and sub-county levels.
- Engaging with the County Budget Processes and monitoring county budget implementation influence resource allocation to nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive interventions at the county level
- Ensure that the key laws, polices, regulations and government service delivery standards in nutrition are shared, interpreting and explained to communities
- Work with community groups and other CSOs to develop Memorandum and/or petitions for engagement Provide information to inform fund raising initiatives at national level
- Work with the Ministries of Agriculture and Water & Natural Resources for technical directions and leveraging of resources to support nutrition interventions in the ADP/Project.
- Facilitate community members to advocate on household food security issues to relevant stakeholders;
- Work with Private sector, other NGOs, CBOs , FBOs, Committees and Groups with related objectives for synergy and sustainability
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Food Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science, Community Nutrition or related field from a recognized university with at least two years field experience in projects integrating nutrition to livelihood
- Demonstrated experience in integrating nutrition and other sectors
- Demonstrate experience and skills in advocacy
- Experience in local level partnerships including Government Line Ministries(Agriculture, Water, Health and other stakeholders
- MUST be registered with the Kenya Nutrition and Dietetics Institute (KNDI)
- Good computer literate especially in Microsoft Office programs and data analysis programs especially ENA
- Must have good oral and written communications and relationship skills
- Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
CLICK HERE to submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.