Jan 2017 Employment at Greenlight Planet For Freelance Graphics Designer in Kenya
Job Vacancy: Greenlight Planet For Freelance Graphics Designer in Kenya
Job Career: Greenlight Planet For Freelance Graphics Designer in Kenya
Greenlight Planet is a VC-funded, impact-focused US-based business which builds and distributes low cost solar home lights for the 2 billion off-grid villagers in Asia and Africa who use dirty, dangerous kerosene lanterns for work, study and life. Greenlight Planet has been selected as the most innovative solar company in the BoP space by Deutsche Bank and Ashoka’s global Solar for All initiative and our products have been recently recognized as ‘the best solar lamp ‘ in the Economist.
Uniquely, we sell our life-changing Sun King™ solar home lights to off-grid families in India and Africa through a massive direct sales force of trusted, village-level sales agents that penetrate deeply into rural markets to promote our products home to home and build trust in our brand at a micro level.
Today, over 5,000 active village sales agents sell Sun King™ each month, increasing their own incomes by about 40% on average. Since 2009 over 1,500,000 homes in India and Africa have started using Sun King in their house, every night. And now we’re employing the resources to scale up dramatically— to over 1,500 frontline staff and 25,000 rural sales agents across several international markets.
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Creative Director
The Role: Because we are a young, high-growth company, and because we prefer to promote successful employees internally, Greenlight Planet offers opportunities for flexible assignments and rapid international career growth. Greenlight Planet’s marketing team in Nairobi is an innovative team, operating on flexible working hours in a stimulating working environment: Instead of measuring time spent on a task, we measure results delivered.
The main purpose of the Job will be to carry out main tasks across several creative disciplines for the brand Sun King.
The Graphic Designer will:
- Create partner and consumer facing global assets and merchandising for print and web: flyers, posters, packaging, proposals, brochures, emails etc.
- Support the team in applying global brand guidelines around the company and be an ambassador for their correct implementation.
Additionally, the Graphic Designer will carry out secondary tasks depending on individual skillset & team needs including:
- Taking and editing of photos from the studio and field.
- Support the creative director and marketing team in coming up with campaign ideas.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Is an inspirational and creative designer with excellent imagination and practical skills.
- Is passionate about typography, layout and brand identity.
- Is an expert in Adobe Photoshop/ Illustrator/ InDesign.
- Has photography/video, motion graphics, illustration or copywriting knowledge. This is highly desirable but not essential.
- Has a top class portfolio of work samples that show a wide variety of projects and wants to learn from the team around them.
- Has attention to detail & is deadline-focused, willing to go above & beyond what is asked of them.
- Is a team player who is not afraid to express ideas and thrives working with senior designers or independently with little supervision.
- Has experience within a creative/ ad agency or design studio including in print, digital & social media campaigns. This is an added advantage.
- Holds a Degree in art, graphic or product design or other creative fields. This is preferred but not essential. Candidates with the right work experience will be considered.
Apply here: https://goo.gl/6BFm1g