Career Employment: 4G Capital Mobile for App Developer in Kenya
Reporting to: Lead, Application Developer
Hours: 8:30 – 17:30, Monday- Friday and beyond when required
Purpose of the position: We are looking for a Mobile App Developer to build and implement functional programs that are both web based and android/IOS based.
Main interactions will be with other developers, product managers and users throughout the development phase. Agile and scram models will be key as well as problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on software specifications
- API and Web hooks integrations to third-party systems
- Android and iOS App development
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Gather and evaluate user’s feedback.
- Create Software requirement specifications documents for reference and reporting
- Make recommendations and process improvements to better the systems
- Experience with databases and object-relational mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Familiarity with Agile and scram development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Prior experience building Native mobile applications
- Experience with version control like Git, subversion etc.
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems
- Web-based design and development using any front-end technologies
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, employing effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Passion for learning new technologies and programming languages
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Performance review period: Initial 6 month probation. Upon successful completion of the probation period. Annual reviews will be conducted in April.
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements and competencies, kindly send your cv and cover letter detailing your suitability for the position applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly headline your application Mobile App Developer