Apr 2016 Job Description SACCO Accountant in Nairobi Kenya
Job Vacancy: SACCO Accountant in Nairobi Kenya
Career Description: SACCO Accountant in Nairobi Kenya
Our Client is a professionally managed medium sized Savings and Credit Co-operative (SACCO) Society with offices located within Nairobi.
The Sacco which is check-off based with membership of around 800 wishes to recruit a professional to fill the following vacant position;
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for the following duties for both the Sacco and the Housing Cooperative:-
- Ensure compliance with the existing accounting policies formulated by the Management Committee and in line with the Cooperative Societies Act, and International Accounting Standards.
- Ensuring timely and accurate recording of all transactions.
- Preparation of payments to members and other Creditors
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly and final accounts and reports.
- Preparing and maintaining member’s personal accounts.
- Reconciling all Check-offs and other remittances with ledgers and member Accounts.
- Performing Bank Reconciliations and other Account Reconciliation.
- Assist the Manager to implement Checks and Controls.
- Supervising all the Society activities when the General Manager is not present.
- Tax and Statutory deductions administration.
- Preparation of the Sacco Budget.
- Ensures that all transactions involving the Sacco expenditure are properly authorized.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business administration or accounting from a recognised university.
- CPA (K) or equivalent.
- Diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage
- At least three years of experience in a medium to large sized Sacco Society.
- Proficient in Computerised Accounting Systems.
- Good communication and analytical skills with track record of ability to meet strict reporting deadlines.
- Aged between 25-32 years.
If you are interested in the above position, kindly CLICK HERE to download and complete the CCIA Online Recruitment Form / questionnaire and submit as per the instructions contained therein by 20th April, 2016.