Mar 2018 Job Description Nyeri County for Videographer/ Photographer in Kenya
Job Opportunity: Nyeri County for Videographer/ Photographer in Kenya
Job Application: Nyeri County for Videographer/ Photographer in Kenya
Governors Press Unit
Information Officer (Videographer/ Photographer), Job Group ‘J’- 1 post
Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting to the Director, Governor’s Press Unit, the Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Scheduling and setting up photo shoots.
- Setting up and capturing photos during Government functions.
- Editing photos into usable clips and multimedia products for web and social media platforms
- Maintaining the equipment.
- Compiling image processing and maintaining a photo album and archive.
- Planning, directing, organizing and shooting of videos of County Government events, projects and achievements.
- Adding subtitles to videos on the government website and social media platforms.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment
- Be a holder of at least a Diploma or equivalent in Journalism or Mass Communication from a recognized Institution in Kenya specializing in Photography, film/video production and editing.
- Have good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than three (3) years in the Public Service or Private Sector in the portfolio.
- Evidence by way of portfolio showing diverse topics photographed.
- Demonstrated experience in all major photo editing software packages.
Remuneration and benefits
- Salary – As per Salaries and Remuneration (SRC)
- Terms of service – Three (3) years renewable contract.
- Service Gratuity – 31% of basic salary on completion of the contract
- Medical Cover – Provided for self, spouse and dependent children upto 2 years of age.
- Leave – 30 days annual leave with leave allowance
All Applicants MUST attach their CVs together with certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic and professional certificates and other testimonials
- National Identity Card
Applicants for the position of Director will be required to further avail certified copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Clearance from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance certificates from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
Officers working in the National Government, County Government(s) and other Government Bodies in similar or related positions are encouraged to apply.
Women and Person Living with Disabilities (PLWD) and meeting the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Written applications, together with the required documents should be sent to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET
P.O BOX 90-10100, NYERI
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 14th April 2018.