Mar 2018 Job Description Kenya Institute of Management For Sub Editor in Kenya
Job Vacancy: Kenya Institute of Management For Sub Editor in Kenya
Career Description: Kenya Institute of Management For Sub Editor in Kenya
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities. Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond. We achieve this through our service/product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services , Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI/COYA/SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
This position reports to the Editor and is responsible for provision of assistance in the production of MANAGEMENT Magazine that includes writing and assigning stories and oversee review of the magazine.
- Review and revise content of the publication, get contacts of publishing experts to give feedback on content, design and photos and organize Management Magazine review meetings to check on quality of photos and articles on previous issues.
- Recruit at least 2 new writers in every edition Management Magazine with and aim of getting new ideas and to incorporate fresh writing style.
- Responsible for seeking partnerships with other publications for content exchange.
- Edit articles to check for and correct spelling mistakes and grammatical errors and subbing articles to ensuring the tone, style and layout of the final copy matches the publication house style and suits the target market.
- Proofreading complete pages after design to check for spills, correct photo usage and correct allocation of articles in columns.
- Maintain constant contact with reporters or journalists to clarify facts and details about a story, and discussing concerns with editors.
- Develop a page plan to ensure the right stories appear in the correct place on each page.
- Ensure the production deadlines are met, and the Magazine is on shelves by the last weekend of the month.
- Assist in website updates and sharing articles on social media to increase online presence of management Magazine.
- Prepare payment schedule for writers and liaise with finance department on release of payment to writers and communicate the same to the writers.
- Market management Magazines and selling space for advert to boost income and meet targets.
- Write and consolidate magazine articles and news pieces in line with the monthly theme.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or any other related field
- Three(3) years of relevant work experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Timeliness of the Magazine
- Quality of articles Published
- Quality of photos Published
- Prominence of writers
- Social media presence
- Meeting Financial target
- Public Relations
- Journal Publishing
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Customer Care skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are advised to visit and apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Send your application to reach us by 28th March, 2018.
In addition please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.