Mar 2018 Job Description Telecom Firm for Procurement Assistant in Kenya
Job Opportunity: Telecom Firm for Procurement Assistant in Kenya
Career Description: Telecom Firm for Procurement Assistant in Kenya
Exciting Career Opportunity for Procurement Assistant with Leading Telecommunications Firm…
Our client, a Leading Telecommunications Firm with operations in East Africa, seeks to recruit talented, dynamic and result-oriented professionals to fill the above position.
The Procurement Assistant will work closely with the Head of Department and the Head of Operations to ensure that project activities and operational needs are supported to achieve organizational objectives.
- Assist with procurement processes for all projects of Client ensuring compliance with Telecommunication industry regulations, policies and procedures;
- Work closely with Project Managers to identify goods and services to be procured for the project;
- In collaboration with the entire operations team, determine the most appropriate procurement requirements;
- Manage procurement processes for all activities and operations;
- Ensure that the procurement tracker is updated on a weekly basis;
- Oversee management of the inventory to ensure compliance with Client regulation on the same as well as with ISO 9001:2015,OHSAS18001:2007,ISO 14001:2015 procedures and regulations;
- Ensure the most appropriate procurement methods are used to ensure that compliance and transparent processes;
- Support programmatic and technical aspects of the program(s) as needed;
- Support the Procurement/Logistics team with logistical support for delivery of goods and services;
- Supervise the preparation of project reports and deliverables from the procurement team, and ensure that updates are provided on the status and progress of requested items;
- Mentor, Train and develop the skills of new procurement staff members;
- Perform other duties as pertains to the role.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement /Purchasing and Supply; have at least three (3) years’ overall work experience.
Work experience in Telecommunication industry is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application details at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 27th March 2018. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted