Jan 2017 Job Description University of Eldoret For Clinical Officer in Kenya
Career Description: University of Eldoret For Clinical Officer in Kenya
CLINICAL OFFICER II – SCALE 9 (3 POSITIONS). REF: UOE/HS/01/01/2017.
Responsibilities for the Clinical Officer Job
This position entails:
- Undertaking of Clinical services at the University clinics
- Examining, diagnosing and treating patients at the University and referring them where appropriate to the specialist
- Any other duties as may be assigned by a Senior Officer.
Qualifications for the Clinical Officer Job
- The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Diploma in clinical medicine and Surgery from the Kenya Medical Training
- College (KMTC) or any other recognized institution.
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience as a Clinical Officer
- University of Eldoret is ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Current practicing Certificate
- Membership registration with the relevant professional body
- Cumulative Management training lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Successful candidates for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government public service guidelines,
- All applicants must meet the following general requirements:
- Must satisfy Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Must get clearance from the:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC),
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB),
- Commission for University Education (CUE) and
- Obtain current certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
How To Apply
Applicants for the above position are advised to send ten (10) copies of the applications using the addresses given below:
- Applicants are advised to indicate the reference number of the position appliedon the envelope.
- For those applying for position of Associate Professor, they are advised to address the applications to the Chairman of Council or hand delivered and dropped in the Tender Box in the Chairman’s Office or by post.
- All applicants for other positions are advised to address their applications to the Vice-Chancellor or hand delivered and dropped in the Vice-Chancellor’s Tender box.
University of Eldoret is ISO 9001:2008 Certified
All applicants should submit detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, and membership of professional associations), copies of certificates/testimonials, e-mail addresses and telephone
contacts. Applicants should provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees to write and send confidential reports to reach on or before 10th February, 2017 using the addresses given below;
The Chairman of Council The Vice-Chancellor
University of Edoret University of Eldoret
P.O Box 1125-30100 P.O Box 1125 – 30100
ELDORET, KENYA. ELDORET, KENYA.
Email: email@example.com Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.uoeld.ac.ke Website:www.uoeld.ac.ke
Applications should be received on or before Friday, 10th February, 2017 at 4.00 pm. NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will result to automatic disqualification. University of Eldoret is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply