May 2016 Career Description University of Nairobi For Students Welfare Authority (SWA) Director in Kenya
Job Career: University of Nairobi For Students Welfare Authority (SWA) Director in Kenya
Job Description: University of Nairobi For Students Welfare Authority (SWA) Director in Kenya
University of Nairobi Declaration of Vacancy for the Position of Director, Students Welfare Authority (SWA)
The University of Nairobi continues to undergo a purposeful, decisive, and aggressive transformational change.
The University of Nairobi is now seeking to appoint a Director, Students Welfare Authority (SWA) who will sustain and improve on the success of the University.
The Director, Students Welfare Authority, under the direction of the Vice-Chancellor, shall be the Overall in charge of the Students Welfare Authority.
For appointment to the position of Director, Students Welfare Authority (SWA), a person shall:
- Be a holder of a PhD in either Hospitality Administration, Strategic Management, Economics or Engineering or equivalent.
- Have at least twelve (12) years administrative experience in hospitality industry or University Administration.
- Have outstanding professional competence in administration and management.
- Have a high level of computer literacy.
- Be a member of a recognized professional hospitality, administration or management body.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director, Students Welfare Authority (SWA) shall:
- Be the over all Administrative Head of SWA
- Ensure proper management of all resources including University funds in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations.
- Control and supervise the personnel working for the Authority.
- Ensure that policies set out by the SWA Management Board are carried out efficiently.
- Ensure management, guidance and control of all income-generating activities within SWA.
- Ensure prudent management of all Accommodation and Catering services for students.
- Manage students recreational facilities.
- Ensure conduct and discipline of students in the halls of residence maintained.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Vice-Chancellor or any other officer as may be authorized by the Vice-Chancellor.
How to Apply:
1. Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents.
2. Applicants should submit ten (10) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked “Application for the position of Director, Students Welfare Authority (SWA)”
3. Applications must be submitted on or before 31st May, 2016.
4. Applications should be addressed to the
University of Nairobi,
P.O. Box 30197, 00100
P.O. Box 30197, 00100
Note: The University of Nairobi is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply