Jan 2018 Career Opportunity Hospitality Procurement & Cost Controller in Kenya
Job Opportunity: Hospitality Procurement & Cost Controller in Kenya
Our client is in the Hospitality Industry. They seek to hire a competent Procurement and Cost Controller to develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies both local & import as well as perform cost, scenario analysis and recommend the cost reduction savings.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate & compare suppliers’ products & services, maintaining accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Regularly inspect & test supplier products
- Communicate company needs to suppliers & maintain good relationships with them
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers. Ensure the company has all relevant information regarding all suppliers.
- Liaise with Marketing & Operations to understand upcoming promotions, accurately forecast upcoming levels of demand & monitor to ensure no stock outs.
- Ensure purchases are within the working capital budget
- Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels in the warehouse and ensure we keep accurate utilisation rates
- Maintain product costs & master data on the products held & required by the company.
- On a monthly basis, review and analyze inventory and margin / transfer price reports and forward to Finance Manager for further action.
- Co-ordinate monthly & cycle physical inventory counts for the commissary
- Investigate physical count variances and resolve issues
- Ensure all damaged, obsolete & expired inventory held in the warehouse is reported to management in a timely manner.
- Monitor the duration & usage of inventory, ensuring par levels are always kept.
- Ensure accurate & timely inventory reports are prepared & shared with the management.
- Establish and implement inventory policies and procedures
- Ensure proper documentation maintained for transfer orders to stores
- Ensure recipes & assemblies are accurately maintained in Accounting system
- Support and participate in end of year audit
- Empowered to take decisions regarding upholding quality standards of products.
- Work with the management team to champion performance improvement via identifying and executing appropriate initiatives and proposals
- Set the ideal safety stock and re-order levels and sign off Local Purchase Orders
- Responsible for Management and implementation of store & stock control systems
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Finance or related fields
- Professional certification – Procurement, CPA or ACCA.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Having worked in Hotel, Restaurant or Food industry will be an added advantage
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision making &Collaborative skills
- Should have strong negotiation, managerial and communications skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, APPLY HERE before Monday, 29th January 2018.