Career Vacancy: Kenya Institute of Management for Accounts Assistant in Kenya
Accounts Assistant Job at Kenya Institute of Management
The position is responsible for the facilitation and supporting of the finance department and the branches to ensure smooth running of the institution.
Main Responsibilities Of The Jobs
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliation reports (KCB, Ecobank, CBA, Equity, Barclays) the cash book and the bank account.
- Analyse and verify students receipts for every bank before costing and check if they original from the bank before approval.
- Liaise with the KIM branch staff for any outstanding reconciling issue to solve student issues as listed by the branches either through emails.
- Liaise with other finance staff to ensure all student fees are uploaded accurately in a timely manner and in accordance with KIMSOM department timelines.
- Keep contact with banks concerning fee uploads and sending them updated databases regularly. including transfers, reversal, processing of student fund and forfeiture.
- Ensure all CDF cheques and transfers are received and receipted in timely manner and ensure their reconciliation.
- Responsible for filing and payment of Tax, both VAT and withholding VAT to comply with the statutory requirements.
- Monthly Preparation of tender analysis for all the KIMSOM branches for comparison purposes to evaluate the performance of the institute.
- Cash withdrawals and other banking role like delivery of RTGs.
- Management of the Rwanda country office accounts.
Responsibility for physical assets
- Office furniture
Nature of Decision Making
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Minimum level of academic qualification, skills and knowledge required to perform effectively in the role: Diploma in accounting or related from a recognised institution
- Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role: Certified Public Accountant Part One(1)
- Minimum months or years of experience required to have to be appointed to the position : Two(2) years’ of relevant work experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Up to date bank reconciliation
- All journal are done and are correct
- Timely and accurate posting of payments
- Accurate receipt summary by 4th of every following month
- VAT filing before 20th of following month
- Renewal of TAX certificates
- Timely payment of Rwanda staff salaries (30th every month)
- Minimal complaints
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Computer Literacy
- International Financial Reporting standards(IFRS)
- Continuously seek new way of doing things.
- Listens to and acknowledges the feelings, concerns, opinions and ideas of others.
- Goes beyond the expected procedures and tasks to provide satisfactory client experience.
- Makes specific changes in the system or in their own work methods to improve performance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are advised to visit and apply at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your application to reach us by 28th March, 2018.
In addition please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.