Jan 2017 Job Career Deputy Chief of Party & Senior Technical Director in Kenya
Job Vacancy: Deputy Chief of Party & Senior Technical Director in Kenya
Career Vacancy: Deputy Chief of Party & Senior Technical Director in Kenya
Organization: Initiatives Inc.
Closing date: 13 Jan 2017
Initiatives Inc. seeks a Deputy Chief of Party and Technical Director for an anticipated USAID-funded health project. This five-year project aims at strengthening services and systems for HIV and AIDS with a focus on strengthening county, facility and community capacity to effectively manage HIV/AIDS service delivery. Location Western Province Kenya.
- Lead and manage the project’s strategic direction and technical scope.
- With the COP, oversee project planning and manage activity implementation; lead the development of annual workplans and oversee timely completion of routine project reports.
- Ensure project implementation is done in line with the stated goals and objectives of the project.
- Lead technical strategies and interventions for human resources for health and quality improvement and oversee all interventions including planning and budgeting support, HRIS strengthening, as well as staff capacity development through coaching, mentorship and training related to HIV/AIDS service management.
- Manage relationships with the Ministry of Health, other government health departments and agencies, USAID, sub-contractors and local partners.
- Coordinate closely with other implementing partners to ensure synergy between capacity building and service delivery interventions.
- Manage and supervise project staff and ensure the project provides high-quality, value added, technical support and capacity development.
- Master degree or higher in public health, business administration, health services administration, health systems strengthening or another relevant field
- Bachelor Degree in medicine, nursing or other relevant field with experience in HIV/AIDS service delivery.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in a supervisory role with at least 5 years of senior management and project design experience for HIV programs.
- Demonstrated technical leadership in service delivery management; quality improvement; human resources management; health worker performance improvement, training and capacity development; government health planning and budgeting; and management information systems use.
- Extensive understanding of gender issues in HIV and health systems management and the needs of populations vulnerable to HIV and AIDS.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, partner relations and coordination, and personnel management
- Previous experience supporting government health systems managers, for profit sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders in Kenya.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience with USAID- and/or PEPFAR-funded project management.
How to apply:
All applicants should email a CV, cover letter, and contacts for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Deputy Chief of Party and Senior Technical Director” as the subject line.