Jun 2016 Career Application KenGen For Operations Director in Kenya
Job Career: KenGen For Operations Director in Kenya
Job Application: KenGen For Operations Director in Kenya
Our client, Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited (KenGen) is the leading power producer in the country.
He/she will also ensure the effective dispatch of energy to KenGen’s client:
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of operations, strategies, policies, and procedures to achieve KenGen’s strategic objectives.
- Advise the Board of Directors on power generation and emerging power generation issues and trends
- Establish safe working conditions in plants to ensure safety of staff and stakeholders as well as proper maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Advise of the type of technology that should be adopted within KenGen’s power plants and on the optimum utilization of plant and equipment to meet the Government of Kenya and stakeholder demands.
- Ensure power plants are running within set standards.
- Develop accountability structures, oversee periodic reporting and projects and monitor the performance indicators ofthe department.
- Ensure timely, effective and efficient revenue generating activities.
- Prepare briefs for the executive management meeting and prepare board papers on policy proposals for presentation to The Board.
- Prepare quarterly reports on the department’s performance contract progress for incorporation into KenGen’s corporate performance report.
- Prepare and submit departmental budgets for approval to the executive management and The Board and ensure effective monitoring and management of costs.
- Review tender documents before commencement of tender process.
- Approve tenders within budget as delegated by MD and CEO and participate in evaluation of CAPEX and equipment tenders
- Participate and play an active role in negotiations with external parties on Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and ensure that the technical agreements contained therein are followed by all parties throughout the PPA’s execution periods.
- Ensure that best practice maintenance procedures are followed to reduce downtime and increase machine availability beyond Power Purchasing Agreements (PPAs)
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- A Postgraduate diploma or degree in project management and/or operations management will be a further added advantage.
- Member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (I.E.K).
- Must be a registered engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Minimum of Twelve (1 2) years experience in managing power generation or plant operations, five (5) of which should be at senior management level.
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Leadership and IntegrityAct Self Declaration Form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The selected candidates will be offered attractive remuneration package commensurate with the seniority of this position in the organization.
Applications including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, the names and addresses of three professional referees and copies of educational and professional certificates should be forwarded to:
Hawkins Associates Ltd
Human Resources Consultants
215, Muthangari Rd. Lavington
P.O.Box 30684,00100, Nairobi
Closing date for receipt of applications: 5:00pm on 17th June 2016.