Mar 2017 Job Application GRANTS AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Job Vacancy: GRANTS AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Career Application: GRANTS AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Organization: Islamic Relief Kenya
Closing date: 24 Mar 2017
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Officer
Reporting To: Finance Manager
Matrix Management: Finance
Base Location: Nairobi
Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities. We aim to help the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Through working in chronic food deficit areas and in the most disadvantaged areas, IRK has ensured that its programmes target those who are most vulnerable in the most disadvantaged areas. These programmes include Health and nutrition, Water and Sanitation, livelihoods, Child-welfare and other special programmes (Qurbani and Ramadhan).
International Programme Department is:
· To contribute to the process of global poverty alleviation and
· Strengthen Islamic Relief (IR) global work through the provision of technical support in cooperation with regional desks and support units.
Kenya program is:
· To contribute to the poverty alleviation in Kenya and
· To strengthen IR Kenya office through the provision of technical and managerial support.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the compliance of IRW, donors and statutory requirements, internal controls, risk management and capacity building of finance team in the area offices.
He will be based in CO with frequent travel to the area offices. The objectives will be as follows:
· Regular visits to area office to ensure the compliance of
Ø IR Policies and Procedures including Financial Guidelines, High Level Controls, Procurement Checklists and Anti-Corruption and bribery Guidelines
Ø IR Procurement Policy
Ø Donors rules and regulations
Ø Statutory requirements.
· Ensure that statutory reporting requirements to NGO Board, Kenya Revenue Authority and Companies Act are being met properly.
· Prepare Project Launch presentations highlighting important clauses of the donor contracts including the reporting schedules, payment schedules, line item flexibility, procurement threshold holds, foreign exchange rate, separate bank account and any other key requirements.
· Facilitate Senior Officer Budgeting and Reporting in budgeting and reporting including monthly management reports, Staff and Running Cost Coverages.
· Facilitate internal and external audits.
· Ensure that Audit Action Plans are properly executed.
· Pre-audit and post-audit of sub -grantees
· Identification of risks and maintenance of risk register with key risks and mitigation strategies.
· Detailed testing of transactions, balances and procedures.
· Ensure internal controls.
· Ensure that filing of financial documents is accurate and complete.
· Capacity Building of finance staff.
· Provide stop gap cover for Finance Officers in the area offices.
· Archiving of finance documents.
· Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
QUALIFCATION: CPAK, BCom, MBA, ACCA
EXPERIENCE: Working Experience of 5 Years in finance, grant and audits departments in INGOs.
How to apply: