Career Application: KIM for Finance Administration Assistant in Kenya
Administration Assistant Job at Kenya Institute of Management
This position is responsible for liaising of the finance operations department and the suppliers including responding to external calls and booking meeting for the head of finance
Main Responsibilities Of The Jobs
- Receive all fully signed cheques, record and ensure they dispatch relevant suppliers
- Maintain a cheque collection register to identify cheques that have been issued and the withheld ones.
- Receive external incoming call and respond to general questions regarding finance issues.
- Receive and record incoming mail for the finance department and dispatch them to the relevant office for action.
- Ensure timely payment of NSSF and NHIF and dispatching of staff deduction loan cheques for compliance and to avoid penalties.
- Management of departmental stationery to ensure their security and control the issuance and their use.
- Arrange board and finance committee meeting to ensure smooth running.
- Maintain an effective filing system of documents to ensure easy retrieval of documents.
Responsibility for physical assets
- Office furniture
- Lock for the cheques
Nature of Decision Making
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Minimum level of academic qualification, skills and knowledge required to perform effectively in the role: Diploma in business management from a recognised institution
- Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role: N/A
- Minimum months or years of experience required to have to be appointed to the position : Two (2) years’ of relevant work experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Updated cheque register at all times
- Prompt communication to suppliers when their payments are ready
- Timely delivery of mails and reports
- Proper filing of documents
- Ensure all cheques are signed
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Computer Literacy
- International Financial Reporting standards(IFRS)
- Continuously seek new way of doing things.
- Listens to and acknowledges the feelings, concerns, opinions and ideas of others.
- Goes beyond the expected procedures and tasks to provide satisfactory client experience.
- Makes specific changes in the system or in their own work methods to improve performance
How to Apply
Interested candidates are advised to visit and apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Send your application to reach us by 28th March, 2018.
In addition please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.