Mar 2018 Job Application Kenya Institute of Management for Administrative Officer in Kenya
Job Career: Kenya Institute of Management for Administrative Officer in Kenya
Career Application: Kenya Institute of Management for Administrative Officer in Kenya
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities. Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond. We achieve this through our service/product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services , Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI/COYA/SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
The purpose of the job is to handle all the administrative, students welfare and customer care issues relating to the branch. These include matters to do with cleanliness, security, transport, maintenance and all other outsourced services.
- Responsible for coordination of general branch administration such as renewal of the branch licenses, payment of electricity bills, ensure availability of water, restocking of stationaries and in charge of staff well-being.
- Conduct daily inspection of branch assets and oversee general repairs and maintenance.
- Coordination of outsourced services such as photocopying, cleaning, courier and security
- Coordination of receipt, dispatch and delivery of branch correspondences
- Act as the liaison person between the Nairobi Branch with other departments, branches, stakeholders on all administrative issues
- Handle petty cash and sell of KIM exercise books to students and staff at the branch.
- Ensure timely and accurate updating of the assets register and maintaining proper records
- Ensure timely requisition of Branch stationeries and allocation to staff
- Perform Secretarial duties relating to the office of the Branch Manager and leave Rota and job rotation management.
- Ensure that health and safety is up to the required standards through ensuring that all
- extinguishers in the premises are serviced on time and ensure timely renewal of the OSHA certificate.
- Coordinate student welfare activities and preparing calendar activities to be able to facilitate logistics and attend to students problems by liaising with the elected student leaders
- Organize for career talks to ensure that students are well informed in their pursuit of their goals.
- Maintain Sick Bay for students and give first aid treatment to students.
- Issue certificate for professional courses and the computer packages
- Handle the customer care service to students and to visitors both internal and external
- Ensure proper information is disseminated by ensuring information materials are availed on time such as putting memos, notices and posters on the notice boards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Efficient receipt and delivery of mails to all set destinations
- Clean and well maintained premises
- Well maintained and repaired furniture and equipment’s
- Efficient and effective delivery of outsourced services
- Departmental filling system being well maintained and updated and documents easily accessible
- Optimized acquisition and custody of the volumes of stationeries required by the division
- Proper maintained office equipment and learning environment at all times
- Ensure better customer care and services.
- Well managed student’s welfare activities.
- Occupational Health and safety standards maintained
- People Management
- Knowledge on Enterprise Resource Planning
- Knowledge on Research and Projects
- Record Keeping
- Report writing
- Marketing skills
- Public Relations
- Basic Accounting skills
- Human Resource Policies
How to Apply
Interested candidates are advised to visit and apply at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your application to reach us by 28th March, 2018.
In addition please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.