IPA Evidence Action Human Resource Associate Career kenya in Nairobi Kenya 2014 April
Position: Associate – Human ResourceStart Date:
15th May 2014
15th May 2014
About Evidence Action: Evidence Action is assuming management and growth responsibility for two programs tested and incubated at Innovations for Poverty Action that are currently making a difference in the lives of millions of people in Africa and Asia: the Deworm the World Initiative (DTW) and Dispensers for Safe Water Initiative (DSW).
Evidence Action scales proven development interventions and crafts resilient business models for long run success.
B. Management Responsibility: None
C. Description of Duties
- Maintain communication with Evidence Action HQ’s HR department and share necessary information.
- Process all annual statutory returns including tax, national pension and hospital fund.
- Coordinate staff training and provide relevant support to all training interventions.
- Ensure appropriate leave authorization and administration as per policy
- Provide general office coordination for the HR office
Recruiting and Hiring
- Provide administrative support during the recruitment process including, preparation of Career kenya adverts, circulation of Career kenya advertisements, receiving applications, communication to candidates as well as recruitment panels throughout the recruitment process.
- Facilitate administrative logistics for the offer, acceptance and induction processes (including offer letter, contract and pay authorization document; processing of work permits and travel documents for Evidence Action Kenya staff, as well as moving and settling in duty station).
- Process all general applications as per set procedures and maintain general applications roster/data base.
- Administer Evidence Action Kenya benefits including pensions, staff life and insurance schemes, as well as staff pension fund.
- Participate in the on-boarding/orientation process.
- Conduct exit interviews for staff leaving Evidence Action as per the HR Policy.
- Update the senior management on all staff contract status and advice as needed.
- Liaise with line managers regarding contract periods and advice on actions that need to be taken for new hires and termination of contracts.
- Ensure that all staff have current/valid contracts on file.
- Work with senior management to facilitate mid-year, end year and end of project evaluations for each employee.
- Ensure the evaluation process is properly recorded and documented.
Salary and Benefits
- Support the accounting department in generating the monthly payroll.
- Maintain the replicon database and staff HR physical files.
- Ensure Medical Insurance records are updated and the Insurer is informed of such changes as required.
WIBA Insurance, Safety and Security
- Ensure workmen compensation records are kept up to date and that the Insurance Broker is informed of any changes.
- Liaise with Operations Senior Associate to ensure health and safety policies are in place and enforced, and incident report forms are followed up and maintained.
- With guidance from the Director of Finance and Administration, give support to management on the due process of handling all disciplinary issues involving staff.
- Facilitate and/or document handling of disciplinary procedures.
Decision Making: Makes relatively significant decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
Responsibility over data or information: High responsibility on staff files and data
Responsibility over assets: Computer, printer
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or business administration or relevant field, Degree in Human Resource Management will be desirable.
Relevant Experience and Key Skills:
- Knowledge of modern office procedures.
- Knowledge and exposure to personnel Management.
- Ability to operate modern office equipment.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills, computer literacy.
- Attention to detail.
- Organization and coordination skills.
- 2 years’ experience in the same field
- Mature and confident personality
Please send a cover letter and detailed CV, 3 references, daytime phone number(s), and email address.
Your CV should include details about your academic qualifications and any relevant work experience.
Applications can be submitted by email to Career email@example.com, please ensure that the subject line reads: “Associate-Human Resource” REF NO: Evidence Action-2014-04-05.
Deadline to Apply: 28th April 2014
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by phone and email for an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Associate Human Resource. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that Evidence Action will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to Career firstname.lastname@example.org.