ICRAF: VACANCY: HR – Recruitment & Insurances
About the organization
The World Agroforestry Centre is an independent research institution which generates science based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods.
As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 23 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
Main purpose of the Career kenya
In line with HR best practices and ICRAF HR policies, manage recruitment, contract tracking and management, and staff insurance processes.
Recruitment, selection and Orientation
- Contribute to the development, principles and regular review of ICRAF’s recruitment strategy
- Participate in the development of recruitment guidelines and procedures, and take the lead in improving process documentation, effectiveness of sourcing strategy, ensure availability of data measuring the activity, and on-going improvement of interviewers’ recruitment skills.
- Train managers in interviewing skills and the recruitment process.
- Prepare guidelines on interviewing proceedings and continuously source improvements to the same.
- Ensure equity and fairness in the interview process.
- In-charge of the post selection processes
- Ensure timely processing of appointment letters and contracts
- Review and update induction manual and develop regular induction and orientation programs for all categories of staff at the Centre
- Facilitate orientation sessions and arranging training for employees on-the-job.
- Provide support to the hosted institutions
- Update and maintain all Personnel Files and HR archive
- Participate is in the review and sourcing of local medical scheme
- Coordinate various staff insurance policies ensuring equity across the centre.
- Administer and liaise with the local medical providers ensuring that new members are registered into the medical scheme and leaver’s information is communicated to the provider in a timely manner.
- Administer and Coordinate Group life/ Personal Accident insurances, ensuring timely renewal and accurate information at all times ( updated staff list with current salaries), communicated to the providers
- For all insurances, ensure that invoices are received in a timely manner, reviewed, and forwarded to the Head of HR for approval.
- Manage the insurance and medical processes with the AIARC and GENERALI procedures by ensuring all relevant AIARC related forms for IRS are submitted within the deadline to AIARC.
- Design and implement guidelines on contract tracking and management. This includes all types of contracts at ICRAF.
- Provide a monthly report on contracts renewals, pending contracts.
- Timely contract processing
- Participate in the various HR projects as required.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in the relevant field with Minimum of 7 years relevant experience 5 years being in recruitment
- Knowledge of recruitment techniques and processes
- Analytical, problem-solving skills and capacity building skills
- Proficiency in ICT
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills
- Tactful, discrete and confidential, persuasive, sound and timely judgement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment.
We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women.
This position is on local terms and will be for an initial period of three (3) years, renewable subject to six (6) months’ probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply
Go to http://worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf/vacancies
Applications will be considered until 21 June, 2013.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about World Agroforestry Centre by accessing our website www.worldagroforestry.org