Housekeeper Jobs, Other Professions, KICC Jobs
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established under the Tourism Act, No. 28 of 2011 (the Act). KICC’s mandate is to promote business of meetings, conferences and exhibitions. This entails:-
- Organizing and hosting meetings and providing incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre;
- Developing and implementing the national meetings, incentives for conferences and exhibitions strategy, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders;
- Marketing the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board; and
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable persons and invites applications for the following posts:-
EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER)- JOB GRADE KICC 3(1POST) REF: KICC/EHK/2019
The Housekeeping Manager reports to the Director Operations and is responsible for cleanliness, aesthetic of rooms, public area, room set up, decoration, back areas and surrounding at the Convention Centre and asset management.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- Oversee and direct the cleaning activities for the Corporation.
- Order cleaning materials and new items are to ensure that the workers have the proper tools to perform their job duties.
- Inform workers about the procedures and policies that have to be followed while cleaning rooms.
- Approval of department’s expenditure.
- Development and approval of budgets and expenses.
- Plans the work of subordinates, monitors and evaluates their performance.
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Ensure standards in room set up are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure proper scheduling of the departments, keeping in mind the forecast and daily events.
- Oversees duties of Assistant Housekeeper, Supervisors and Room Stewards.
- Management and coordination of outsourced cleaning and landscaping service providers.
- Ensure modern methods, techniques and materials are used to promote efficiency and effectiveness in provision of housekeeping services.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Master’s Degree in any of the following discipline: Hospitality Management, Hotel Management or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: – Hospitality Management, Hotel Management any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been at the level of senior officer.
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Demonstrated professional competence in Hotel or Housekeeping management work.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Applicants must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution and avail clearance certificates from:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
- One-page statement on how you meet the requirements for the post.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary.
- Professional certificates and testimonials.
- Three Professional referees
TERMS OF OFFER
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Job Grade KICC 3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grade KICC 4, Job Grade KICC 5, Job Grade KICC 6 and Job Grade KICC 7 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms
Applications should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Ref. “Ref. KICC/ …… /2020” not later than 17th March 2020 at 5pm to: – to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta International Convention Centre,
P. O. Box 30746-00100,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Persons with special needs that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply