Banyan Global is recruiting for a consultant to support gender integration and social inclusion efforts in an anticipated LHSS activity in Kenya and East Africa border regions. The consultant will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will provide technical expertise on gender and social inclusion across all activities in the LHSS activity in Kenya and East Africa border regions. This includes leading a desk-based gender and social inclusion review, gender and social inclusion action plan, and developing and delivering a training to all staff. Additionally, the Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor will provide technical support integrating attention to gender and social inclusion issues related to:
- Improved and digitized cross-border health information systems in cross-border areas
- Increased capacity of regional organizations to standardize regional health policies, and regulations that affect cross-border populations
- Strengthened regional and national financing, resource mobilization, and accountability for cross-border health
The advisor will also support the integration of GESI in monitoring, evaluation and learning activities.
The consultant will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
After COVID-19 related travel restrictions are lifted the Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor should be willing, as needed, to travel within the activity’s intervention regions within East Africa including: Burundi, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- An advanced degree and at least eight years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development
- Health sector experience
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas preferred:
- Integrating attention to gender issues and social inclusion in research
- Health information systems
- Health policy and regulations
- Cross-border populations
- Health insurance schemes
- Experience with the following:
- Conducting gender analyses/assessments and action plans
- Designing and facilitating gender discussions, webinars, and trainings
- Supporting the design of outcome-focused gender M&E systems, structures, and indicators
- Developing and communicating the value proposition for gender and social inclusion
- Inclusive stakeholder engagement processes
- Language Skills:
- Fluency in English required, including excellent writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in Swahili
- Proficiency in: Word, PowerPoint, and online communication tools
- Familiarity with USAID
- Excellent team management and communication skills.
Method of Application