Financial Institution Human Resources Director Job in Kenya 2019
Career Employment Human Resources Director Nairobi Kenya May 2019
Our client, a large leading financial institution in Kenya wishes to recruit a highly experienced. competent. motivated and self-driven individual with excellent credentials and strategic mind to competitively fill the position below.
Our client is looking to identify an experienced leader who will play a pivotal role as the Institution’s Human Resources function head.
The individual is expected to be an exceptional leader with superior knowledge of HR preferably within the financial services sector in Kenya, have a demonstrable level of success in his/her career and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Director, Human Resources
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and provides strategic leadership and management oversight for all human resource matters to help the Institution achieve its objectives.
The role works closely with the Executive and is directly responsible for the development and implementation of the overall Human Resource Strategy, administration, coordination and evaluation of the institution’s ability to effectively implement these strategies, policies and practices in line with the Institution’s mission, vision and values.
- Develop an effective HR strategy for the Institution to aid its ability to attract, develop and retain the right kind of staff;
- Formulate and ensure implementation of leading practice strategies on human resource planning, talent sourcing and; development, performance and career management, employee relations, reward and compensation, organisational development and change management related initiatives;
- Advise the CEO and other managers on appropriate human resources management policies and strategies;
- Oversee the design, development, implementation and evaluation of HR function’s strategic plan taking into consideration the Institution’s strategy;
- Develop initiatives that promote an appropriate and enabling organizational culture informed by the Institution’s Core values that promotes the achievement of the Institution’s vision and increases talent retention and engagement,
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate HR’S strategic direction and objectives to all staff;
- Co-ordinate all the HR management activities and processes and provide leadership to the HR team;
- Develop and maintain the human resources policies, procedures and processes of the Institution in accordance with the Institution’s core values and Kenyan labour laws;
- Ensure development and implementation of a learning and development framework to support the strategic objectives of the Institution;
- Keep abreast of local and global HR best practices and make recommendations to the Executive on how this impacts HR practice at the Institution;
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management.. Commerce (Human Resources), Business Administration or similar field from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree In Human Resource Management/Development. Business Administration (Human Resource Management), Organisational Management, Public Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Active membership of other relevant professional bodies Is an added advantage;
Must possess not less than ten (lO) years’ of relevant experience with at least five (5) years in a senior management role In a similar capacity.
1. Full membership to the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) with a practicing certificate
2. MUST be compliant with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
In addition, all successful candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions:
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- The Directorate of Criminal Investigations
If you are the candidate that we are looking for please send your application through firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for (Director, Human Resources) as the email subject no later than 3rd June, 2019.
We will require your complete professional profile with your current remuneration and contact details therein.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The detailed job description is available on the link http://www.resourceassociaces.co.ke/vacancies.