Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Risk Officer Career kenya in Kenya July 2013
Job Purpose: The ERM Risk Officer will report directly into the ERM East Africa cluster Head and will be responsible for assisting the Divisional Head conduct the relevant Governance meetings, execution of the Control Framework and the provision of Control Advisory Support.
Job Background / Context: Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is a newly formed organization comprised of a few hundred employees globally. ERM was created to proactively assist the businesses, O&T, and the independent control groups in enhancing the effectiveness of controls and managing operational risks across products, business lines and regions.
- Conduct BRCC (Business Risk, Compliance, and Control Committee) as per governance policy guidelines
- Identify emerging risks for the Franchise.
- Administer the RCSA process until such time as it is replaced with the Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) process.
- Facilitate the MCAs for the most material entities in the Country. Oversee the facilitation of the MCAs for all other entities in the region. Track the MCAs, corrective action plans, and other required follow-up through the Catalyst system.
- Coordinate the implementation and review of Key Risk Indicators across all businesses and functions as per the regional guidelines.
- Assist the Cluster Head with the implementation of the Fraud Management Programme in East Africa
- Conduct Infrastructure Risk Reviews to assess control environments, identify vulnerabilities, develop solutions and oversee implementation of enhancements.
- Track open issues / corrective action plans and independently validate issue closures.
- Partner with controls design specialists to oversee implementation of Points of Control standards.
- Work with Operational Risk Management and business management to remediate inconsistencies as required.
- Provide specific country insights as required.
- Partner with relevant business and control groups to ensure their ‘best practices’ conform to country’s operating standards and/or regulatory requirements. Provide input into Compliance Control Matrix in this regard.
- Coordinate with the cluster / region in providing information on control environment and implement control related initiatives initiated at region and cluster level
- Monitor changes in the environment, in our strategy and in our operational and technology capabilities proactively and oversee appropriate modifications to the control environment that arise from those changes.
- Work with ORM to determine and resource key areas that require focus.
- Assist local management with country Prioritization / re optimisation projects.
- Travel to the countries on a periodic basis.
- Familiarity with consumer, corporate and investment banking
- Strong experience in operational / product control.
- Minimum 7 years industry experience with a background in Risk, Compliance or Controls, preferably gained in an international financial institution.
- A thorough knowledge of multiple control environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Analytical abilities
- Significant attention to detail
- Strategic and goal-oriented focus
- Unwavering commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
- College/university education preferred, but an exceptional working track record will be deemed more important.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
- In depth knowledge of Risks, Controls and processes in Financial industry
- The successful candidates will need to show that they are unafraid to take responsibility in a greenfield post with extremely high exposure and expectations
- The candidates must be able to work effectively with local contemporaries and peers in other clusters and regions to maintain a collaborative culture
Deadline of application is 5th July 2013 before 5:00 PM.