Feb 2018 Employment Opportunity Britam For Reinsurance Accountant in Kenya
Job Employment: Britam For Reinsurance Accountant in Kenya
Job Opportunity: Britam For Reinsurance Accountant in Kenya
Reporting to the Finance Manager Operations, the job holder shall be responsible for recording of all reinsurance transactions in the General ledger and ensures management and collection of the balance sheet reinsurance related transactions.Key Responsibilities
- Ensure all reinsurance transactions as booked in the line of business systems are fully integrated and recorded in the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly reinsurance payable/receivable statements and circulate the same to the relevant reinsurance participants and/or brokers to facilitate timely payment/collection of the same.
- Prepare Quarterly Treaty accounts at the end of every quarter and submit the same to the Reinsurers and/or Brokers by the 15th of the month following quarter close
- Process all reinsurance payments on a timely basis including; Minimum Deposit Premiums, Facultative Payables, Proportionate treaties and Payments to fronted businesses.
- Prepare annual profit commission statements, premium adjustments, premium portfolio entries and withdrawals within 30 days following end of year.
- Ensure compliance with the reinsurance credit control policy.
- Coordinate collection of all Excess of Loss claims recoveries within 60 days from the date of claims settlement.
- Liaise with the Claims and Underwriting department (including General & Medical Insurance) on matters of reinsurance claims and provision of relevant documents to facilitate recovery collections.
- Prepare Reinsurance quarterly returns for submission to Insurance Regulatory Authority by the 15th of the month following quarter close.
- Provide reinsurance support to the reinsurance team for treaty renewal and submission of relevant forms and data to the IRA for the Annual licensing requirements.
- Coordinate the receipting and allocation of all reinsurance recoveries and collections.
- Liaise with the Credit control team on the collection of outstanding premiums with regards to fronted accounts and businesses with Facultative premiums to facilitate timely payments to the relevant reinsurers.
- Monitor and track collection of all cash calls as initiated by the Reinsurance team.
Key Relationships and Interfaces
- Claims and underwriting (General and Medical)
- Reinsurance Department
- Credit Control
- Reinsurance Partners and Brokers
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Actuarial or any relevant qualification
- CPA (K) or equivalent professional Qualification
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position desirable
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting applications such as AIMS, SIRIUS,ERP, INSIS systems and Microsoft office software (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Adhere to and monitor clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves projects goals.
How to Apply