Jul 2017 Employment Opportunity IPA for Field Officers (ALFASAFE Project) in Kenya
Job Vacancy: IPA for Field Officers (ALFASAFE Project) in Kenya
Career Opportunity: IPA for Field Officers (ALFASAFE Project) in Kenya
Position: Field Officer – ALFASAFE Project (Multiple Positions)
- Conduct interviews with respondents using SurveyCTO during the farmer group meetings
- Make sure the respondents understand the informed consent and get their consent before starting off with the interviews.
- Comply with survey ethics and code of conduct including confidentiality of the information received.
- Debrief with teammates after interviews
- Ensure that all survey materials especially the tablets are looked after properly
- Assist in organizing materials in readiness for field work
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Prompt arrival at work
- Successfully working in a team and avoiding/minimizing conflicts with the rest of the team members
- Cooperation with other project partners from other organizations
- Participating in staff trainings and making efforts to improve one’s capacity
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times
- University degree in social sciences or diploma with 3 years consistent experience
- Good communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of the local language used in the study area will be an added advantage (Meru or Embu speakers).
- Experience conducting quantitative data collection, including experience in conducting surveys using SurveyCTO.
- Skills to interact with partners and farmers and to engage farmers in data collection
- Ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer-ALFASAFE Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.