Sep 2017 Employment Opportunity Cytonn Investments For Caretaker in Kenya
Job Employment: Cytonn Investments For Caretaker in Kenya
Job Opportunity: Cytonn Investments For Caretaker in Kenya
Job Category: Facilities Management
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: October 18th, 2017
Cytonn Real Estate the development arm of Cytonn Investments with projects under mandate in excess of Kshs 82 billion. The firm seeks to develop quality and aspirational Real Estate projects which encourage community living as we contribute towards bridging the huge housing gap in the market.
The individual will be resposible for overseeing onsite management of the common areas of the assigned properties, work hand in hand with the Facilities and Properties management team to ensure the site is effecietly managed to the satisfaction of the residents and Cytonn Properties.
Caretaker Job at Responsibilities
- Issue service charge invoices, ensure the same is paid on time and receipts issued to the unit owners.
- Examine building daily for preventive and corrective repairs and maintenance and communicate the same to the Property & Facilities Manager for corrective action.
- Supervise contractors engaged to undertake repair work on site by following the provided specification for each repair work. In cases of major repair works, liaise with the Facilities & Property Manager to ensure specifications are met.
- Clean the common areas, gym and club house at appropriate times and ensure the cleanliness standards and maintained at all times.
- Remain available to fire and police departments on a 24-hour call basis in case of emergency.
- Assume responsibility for the general security and fire safety of the buildings. Ensure all safety and security systems are maintained at a high standard and effectively replaced where the need arises.
- Produce daily and weekly reports on a timely basis on maintenance and security issues to be communicated and escalated to the facilities and property managers.
- Maintain good relations and liaise with tenants/residents to resolve any reported issues.
- Foster good working relationships with regulators to ensure understanding of regulation and licensing requirements and a timely compliance response.
- Maintain and update database of contractors and service providers.
- Manage budgets, ensure that the cost of staff or contractors and unexpected expenses happen within the framework of the approved budget.
- To ensure that staff and outsourced personnel are adequately instructed in safety and welfare matters regarding their specific work place.
- To inspect the swimming pool on a regular basis, reporting directly to the Property & Facilities Manager concerning repairs, faults and any damage.
- To ensure proper use of the gym equipment and facilities. Ensure that the gym and clubhouse are open for use daily.
- Ensure that safety regulations are followed in the swimming pool.
- Ensure that all the gym equipment are in good condition and report any faults or damages concerning the same.
- Required to attend courses for training as directed from time to time by the Project Manager/Facilities & Property Manager
- Required to carry out such other duties as may be determined from time to time by the Facilities & Property Manager/Project manager.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Caretaker Job
- Diploma/Certificate in Technical course like Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry
- Computer Literacy
- Minimum of C in KCSE
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a relevant work environment (busy commercial/residential complex)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of the methods, supplies, equipment and tools used in maintenance of the various facilities available in a mixed use property development.
- Must have a certificate of good conduct
- Knowledge of security procedures and systems and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to manage and supervise outsourced services and vendors on site like cleaning, gardening
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage the workload.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to supervise and manage contractors engaged to undertake repair and maintenance of various facilities on site.
- Must be reliable all the time and work flexibly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of integrity, results oriented, and ability to deliver under pressure.
- To be part of a dynamic organization
- Clear understanding of real estate dymanics
- Learn more about property & facilities management
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through our recruitment portal.