Mar 2018 Employment Description Nyeri County for Chief Co-operative Officer in Kenya
Career Vacancy: Nyeri County for Chief Co-operative Officer in Kenya
Job Description: Nyeri County for Chief Co-operative Officer in Kenya
The County Government of Nyeri wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the above position.
Chief Co-operative Officer –Job Group “M’-Two (2) posts
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Co-operative Development, the Officer will be responsible for the following: Duties and responsibilities
- Carrying out market research and disseminating research findings
- Promoting value addition and processing
- Conducting co-operatives banking inspections
- Undertaking co-operative risk assessment
- Developing new financial products and credit policies
- Processing of applications for registration
- Inspections and investigations of co-operative societies
- Training needs assessment for co-operative movement and conducting trainings
- Market information dissemination and provision of advisory services
- Investment advisory services
- Coordination and monitoring of co-operative indemnity by co-operative management
- Promotion of co-operative ventures and innovations for co-operatives
- Enforcing compliance with co-operative legislations
- Participate in market management and market committee meetings.
Requirements for appointments
- Served in the grade of Senior Co-operative officer for a minimum period of three (3) years in the public sector OR five (5) years in a comparable position in the private sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Sociology, Law, Agricultural Economics, Co-operative Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agri-business from a university recognized in Kenya
Remuneration and benefits
- Salary – As per Salaries and Remuneration (SRC)
- Terms of service – Three (3) years renewable contract.
- Service Gratuity – 31% of basic salary on completion of the contract
- Medical Cover – Provided for self, spouse and dependent children upto 2 years of age.
- Leave – 30 days annual leave with leave allowance
All Applicants MUST attach their CVs together with certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic and professional certificates and other testimonials
- National Identity Card
Applicants for the position of Director will be required to further avail certified copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Clearance from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance certificates from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
Officers working in the National Government, County Government(s) and other Government Bodies in similar or related positions are encouraged to apply.
Women and Person Living with Disabilities (PLWD) and meeting the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Written applications, together with the required documents should be sent to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET
P.O BOX 90-10100, NYERI
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 14th April 2018.