The Driver will be based in Nairobi Kenya and report to the Administrative Officer.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of CIP vehicles, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor reports(defect) and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure vehicle use is in compliance with CIP motor vehicle policy.
- Meet official personnel at the airport and organize transfers to hotel.
- Drive office vehicle for transportation of authorized personnel and delivery/collection of cargo and other items.
- Make field trips in/or out out-side the country.
- Operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and follow always road safety standards.
- Advise Motor pool manager in due course on minor or major repairs as soon as a problem is detected.
- Take vehicle at regular intervals for servicing as specified in the manual.
- Drive CIP staff and partners to the field as needed.
- Assist in the delivery of mail, equipment, supplies and documents as required.
- Update the vehicle logbook on a daily basis with the trips undertaken indicating start kms, end kms, the trip description, trip end time and who was responsible for the trip.
- Liaise regularly with Motor pool manager and provide weekly updates on activities.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Assist in any other activity as needed.
- The candidate should have a minimum of a post-secondary school training.
- At least 2 years of experience required in similar positions with a safe driving record.
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license (BCE).
- Basic mechanic knowledge.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Intermediate level of MS Office.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to exercise initiative and reasonable judgement.
- Fluent in Kiswahili.
- Basic level in English (desirable)
Method of Application