The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Driver.
The Position: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, to support implementation of Development and Delivery of Biofortified Crops at Scale (DDBIO) program activities in Kenya. He/she will drive staff to project sites, deliver farm inputs to the to implementing sites and run various program related errands as required.
- Drive office vehicle for transportation of authorized personnel and delivery/collection of cargo and other items.
- Operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and always follow road safety standards.
- Ensure that the vehicles are kept clean and road worthy condition.
- Check vehicle condition/requirement and fill-in the Logbook properly.
- Ensure vehicle use complies with CIP motor vehicle policy.
- Ensure proper maintenance and servicing of vehicles.
- Provide day-to-day vehicle reports and report to the supervisor any noted defects on time.
- Report accidents or incidents to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Meet official personnel at the airport and organize transfers to hotel.
- Make field trips in/or out-side the country.
- Run errands to collect goods, documents and other items as required.
- Prepare monthly summary of oil consumption and report to supervisor.
- Ensure that the steps required by the CIP driving policy are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Perform all other related duties.
- The candidate should have a minimum of a diploma.
- At least 2 years of experience required in similar positions with a safe driving record.
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Basic mechanic knowledge.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate in Word and Excel – an added advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to exercise initiative and
- reasonable judgement.Why should you consider this opportunity?art R&D background, and is a recent World Food Price Winner and awarded with the
Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are the conditions?
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for a one-year term (with a 3- month probation period) and the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Method of Application