Development Officer Jobs, Public Relations Jobs in Kenya, USIU Jobs
The Development Officer will be in charge of establishing a robust coordination mechanism with USIU-Africa’s stakeholders to achieve overall effectiveness in fundraising.
- Maintaining partnerships and networks for donors, alumni and volunteers;
- Planning, implementing and promoting fundraising programs that support USIU-Africa’s strategic intent and Schools’ priorities;
- Profiling and advancing Schools’ flagship projects and events;
- Identify and research for fundraising and grants opportunities that match USIU-Africa’s strategic intent;
- Communication and engagement of USIU-Africa’s current partners and prospects to facilitate solicitation for grants, donations, partnerships and sponsorships;
- Maintain active records for all existing funders and keep track of pledges and donations accurately at the school level;
- Prepare draft case statements for fundraising activities and provide institutional information for grant applications;
- Plan, implement and monitor fundraising programs at the schools in accordance with existing university guidelines, and mobilize participation from all actors;
- Provide precise information about ongoing fundraising programmes for sharing in USIU-Africa’s formal communication channels and social media, for sustained donor interest and alumni giving;
- Carry out due diligence on potential fundraising partners to promote compatible and sustainable partnerships, in accordance with existing university guidelines;
- Recruit and manage volunteers to participate in various fundraising activities and promote active participation in fundraising by USIU-Africa’s internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of CARS
- Must have Public Relations skills
- Must demonstrate knowledge of software to enable automation of fundraising and grant tracking
- Must have presentation and report writing skills, in addition to knowledge of and communication tools such as Desktop Publishing, Graphics Software, Presentations, and Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Business Management, International Relations, PR and Communications or any other related field;
- 1-3 years’ experience in resource mobilization.
Skills and Competencies
- Superior written, verbal and organizational skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work closely with high level staff/faculty and university committees,
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Computer and IT skills
Performance Measures and Targets
- Sustained fundraising and grants income
- Viable relationships and partnerships forged
- Accurate donor and prospect information
- Accurate records of donations and pledges by individuals and institutions
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confident and self-assured.
- Takes initiative to leverage opportunities and tackle challenges.
- Uses creativity and critical thinking to identify solutions.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Good in multi-tasking, able to work quickly and effectively.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the value of storytelling in print, digital and social media channels.
- Commitment to USIU-Africa’s vision and values.
How to Apply