Customer Service Officer Job vacancy in Kenya 2019
Customer Service Officer
Our client is looking for an experienced Customer Services Officer to join their team. The ideal candidate will play an important role in ensuring that the client’s guests are met professionally and have a positive first impression of the client’s services when they arrive into country.
He/She will also handle any problems the quests might have informing the manager and the directors of these situations and monitoring the guests on safari in East Africa so as to ensure they leave happy with the services and their safari.
- Meet and greet clients within Nairobi and de-briefing on their itinerary/safari arrangements.
- Collect any payments from clients as assigned by the office, against an invoice and issue receipts therein.
- Ensure that all guests are met with a GWSA signboard as per our standards and in the case of Big Five as per White glove standards, and respective signboards for Go2Africa clients.
- Ensure that all clients are provided with a welcome pack as per GWSA standards
- Ensure that drivers (including 3rd party) are also in uniform at all times, presentable and meeting clients with a smile and positive attitude.
- Ensure all the vehicles (including 3rd party) are always clean when meeting clients, with bottled water, and with GWSA car stickers and that the client’s standards are maintained anytime a 3rd party vehicle is used as much as possible.
- Monitor all daily vehicle movements (including SXS in Mombasa) and be in touch with the drivers to ensure they arrive in good time, 30 minutes before the pick-up time and drop off in line with Airline check in times.
- Be in uniform, presentable and with a positive attitude
- Reconfirming and helping clients with flight amendments at JKIA and or Wilson, handling any flight changes, lost luggage and any other issues especially when arising after office hours.
- Handling problems to do with flight changes, lost luggage and any other issues especially when arising after office hours
- Ensuring and monitoring client’s luggage is accurately tagged, stored & recorded as per GWSA standards and delivery of the same efficiently executed in liaison with the Customer service transport coordinator and the assigned driver
- Being the 24-hour emergency number for overseas agents / clients to call and to handle this in a professional way. Ensuring this phone is always charged, on and working including emails.
- Handling emergencies to the best of my ability with the support of the team
- Notifying the Customer Service Manager and Directors immediately of any serious complaint from clients
- Ensuring that at all times you have an updated service list inclusive of all clients’ top sheet, and transfer movements of ALL clients traveling with the client within East Africa
- Ensure to liaise with the clients outbound GSA on client’s arrivals/departures.
- Ensure to call clients on safari especially outbound safaris within East Africa as assigned by the Customer Service Supervisor and providing feedback via email to the office with a written record of the same on the
- Outbound safari book.
- Any other job that may be assigned by the Management/Directors
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Diploma in a Tourism related course
- Certificate in Tour guiding is an added advantage
- Experience in Customer Services in the field-meet & greet services at Airports
- Knowledge of systems (Tour plan experience a plus)
- MS office suite
- Over 2 years progressive hands on experience in a busy tour company handling non-resident clients, ideally KATO category A company.
Personal Qualities and Behavioral Attributes
- Ability to plan in advance, prioritizing, time management and utilization of resources.
- Good oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate in a timely manner on client’s issues and resolutions.
- Ability to comprehend matters easily and analyze in a logical and professional manner
- Effective team player, fast & independent thinker and work in an objective and rational manner
- Focus on ensuring clients are looked after as a key priority regardless of the time
- Punctuality in regards to reporting time and work deadlines
- Reliability and honest in disclosing any work related or client issues.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
If qualified for this role, follow this link to apply.