Corporate Services Director Jobs, Latest Director Jobs, KICC Jobs
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established under the Tourism Act, No. 28 of 2011 (the Act). KICC’s mandate is to promote business of meetings, conferences and exhibitions. This entails:-
- Organizing and hosting meetings and providing incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre;
- Developing and implementing the national meetings, incentives for conferences and exhibitions strategy, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders;
- Marketing the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board; and
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable persons and invites applications for the following posts:-
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE SERVICES, JOB GRADE 2 REF: KICC/DCS/2020
The Director Corporate Services shall provide strategic leadership and advice to ensure optimal utilization and management of the corporation’s resources in the functional areas of finance, human resource and administration, and information & communications technology and corporate communications.
- Initiate the formulation of administrative policies, systems and procedures for the organization.
- Establish and maintain sound financial, human resource, administrative, ICT procedures in compliance with statutory regulations.
- Participating in the preparation of Corporate plans.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership on matter Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, and ICT.
- Co-ordination of directorate activities by providing responsible advice and counsel to the corporation.
- Management and Coordination of Financial Services.
- Co-ordinate recruitment, deployment, remuneration, staff performance,development and discipline of human resources.
- Management of assets and services to support each core functions in administration/ logistic requirements to facilitate service delivery.
- Co-ordinate information exchange with all stakeholders and the public to ensure customer expectations are met.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Commerce, Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Finance or Accounting, ICT or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree in either: Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources Management, ICT, Public Administration of any other equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Have ten (10) years cumulative relevant work experience, five (5) of which should have been at managerial level in a reputable institution.
- Certificate in leadership course not lasting less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer application.
- Membership to a relevant professional body and in good standing.
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with and supervise multigenerational staff.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Applicants must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution and avail clearance certificates from:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
- One-page statement on how you meet the requirements for the post.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary.
- Professional certificates and testimonials.
- Three Professional referees
TERMS OF OFFER
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Job Grade KICC 3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grade KICC 4, Job Grade KICC 5, Job Grade KICC 6 and Job Grade KICC 7 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms
Applications should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Ref. “Ref. KICC/ …… /2020” not later than 17th March 2020 at 5pm to: – to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta International Convention Centre,
P. O. Box 30746-00100,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Persons with special needs that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply