Compliance Officer Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs 2020, Twiga Foods Jobs
Position: Compliance Officer
The job holder must have in-depth knowledge on standards regarding farm food safety. They must also be an excellent communicator with excellent analytical skills.
- Implementation of the farm Quality Management System.
- Ensuring all records pertaining to Global GAP compliance are kept and up to date.
- Ensuring proper filling of the farm records.
- Ensuring farms have all the necessary structures, constructed in proper design and maintained in good state as per the Global GAP standard.
- Training of farm workers on various modules developed for capacity building.
- Training of the farm Technical assistants on Global GAP requirements.
- Working closely with the farm manager and Twiga agronomist to ensure safe and effective use of pesticides Including Spray equipment calibration
- Reviewing and Monitoring farm practices to ensure they are in compliance with Twiga and Global GAP policies.
- Identification of any upcoming risks in the farm operations and addressing them accordingly.
- Liaising with the farm manger and Twiga harvesting manager on harvesting procedures and monitoring of the same.
- Timely reporting of Non-conforming occurrences and timely initialization corrective action
- Any other duty as ay be assigned from by the management
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture , or other relevant fields
- Knowledge of the current farm’s food safety standards
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Outstanding problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail; highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated