CMMB Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job in Kisumu, Kenya 2019
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death.
In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
CMMB is implementing Community focused HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment interventions in Siaya with support from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria through the Kenya Red Cross Society.
The overall goal of the project is to contribute to achieving Vision 2030 through universal access to comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care for all. Key to the project’s activities is contributing to the attainment of 90-90-90 HIV management cascade among the populations we serve.
Amongst other result areas, the project seeks to contribute towards reduction of new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) ages 15-24 and other priority populations through the provision of behavioral and biomedical interventions to AGYWs to reduce the risk of HIV infection as well as ensuring effective care for HIV infected AGYWs. This is besides community wide activities to address community mobilization towards norms change and prevention of gender-based violence.
Under the leadership of the Country Director, The M&E Officer will support the day to day implementation of project interventions.
Further, s/he will be responsible for development and implementation of an effective monitoring and evaluation system for efficient data collection and analysis as well as promotion of program quality, documentation, experience sharing and learning. Besides preparation of timely donor reports, the position will work closely with the project teams to assess and provide feedback on the progress of delivery of key project deliverables.
- Provide overall leadership and accountability in management of the M&E function within the project and support implementation of the project work plan.
- Develop a comprehensive M&E framework, system and structures for internal and external audiences that guide effective decision-making by the project team
- Manage project reporting process to internal CMMB’s systems locally and globally, donors and government including preparation of monthly, quarterly and semi-annual progress reports as well as data audits and responding donor inquiries.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure quality of data collected by the project team and verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Build the capacity of the project team and support them in accurate collection of performance data, data capture, analysis, utilization and archiving.
- Lead and strengthen quality control of data to assure the integrity of data for analysis, tracking, and validation.
- Develop and adopt a framework for proper documentation and effective maintenance of records for projects initiatives that ensure processes, activities and statistics are well captured and records kept in line with established policy and protocols
- Participate in M&E technical working groups at the county and national level as is relevant to the project interventions.
- Contribute to resource mobilization initiatives through provision of appropriate data and information as might be required for development of concept papers and proposals.
- Ensure a working environment of mutual trust, respect and care with other staff, encouraging effective teamwork with staff members and partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Social sciences or related field.
- You have at least 4 years’ experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning within a public health focused Non-Governmental Organization.
- You have practical experience in use of data analysis tools like STATA or SPSS and advanced Excel.
- You have Ability to design M & E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations.
- You have excellent analytical and detail-oriented individual with extensive experience in data management.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- You have demonstrated ability to train and build capacity both at individual and team environment.
- Strong performance drive and initiative.
- You have excellent report writing skills
- You can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied for on the subject line by 14th June,2019.
Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.cmmb.org.
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, our President and CEO
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized. Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are. We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining CMMB’s diverse, talented, professional and motivated team and lead our Kenya team achieve our mission.