CISCO Network Engineer Career kenyas Vacancy at Orange Telkom in Kenya July 2013
Job Title : CISCO Network Engineer
Company Orange Telkom
Department Information Technology and Networks
Job Type Full-Time
Job Status Sourcing
Salary Range Per Month
Shift 8 AM to 5 PM
Minimum Education University – Undergraduate
No of Career kenyas 1
Job Duration Permanent
Start Publishing 06-12-2013
Stop Publishing 21-12-2013
The Network Engineer provides senior level support in the operation and implementation of enterprise networks and also supports services to internal clients and their affiliates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
• Ensure IT network uptimes and response to failure is within the defined KPIs.
• Oversee installation and commissioning of corporate LAN and MAN.
• Setup, configure and commission corporate WAN elements and internet gateways.
• Liaise with infrastructure architecture unit for selection of IT networking components.
• Liaise with data (broadband) services providers for effective troubleshooting on the network.
• Take design and architecture documents and produces implementation plans and configuration templates.
• Uses network performance data to determine network inefficiencies or for problem resolution.
• Schedules and executes complex changes to the Enterprise network.
• Communicates with internal customers directly during problem resolution.
• Communicates directly with key vendors for problem resolution.
• Tests hardware and software for feature performance as well as compatibility with existing systems, hardware, software, and operating systems.
• Reviews customer requirements and participates in the development of network solutions to address requirements
• Partners with business lines, and other departments to ensure successful migrations and achievement of program goals and objectives
• Evaluates and tests designed solutions against requirements and produces necessary test documentation
• Provides support for complex network problem resolution
• Mentors junior staff and Interns.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science
• At least 3 years in a Career kenya with related experience.
• Desired Minimum certifications : Cisco CCNA, CCNP
• Good communication and written skills.
• Precise, detailed and accurate presenter.
• Good Team player.
• Thorough follow up of issues.
• Able to plan and execute – Consistent.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
How to Apply:
Application should be sent by latest 21st December 2013, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.