I Choose Life Africa Programs Resource Mobilization Manager Career kenya in Nairobi Kenya 2014 June
Reports to: CEO
Function: Resource Mobilization
Vision & Mission: ICL’s vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties. ICL’s mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhance the quality of life for communities through Health initiatives, Economic empowerment, Academic and career mentoring and improved Leadership and governance (HEAL).
Job Purpose: To identify and consolidate information about funding opportunities, coordinate concept note and proposal development, and to support the development and management of donor relationships.
- Research new funding opportunities and donor priorities, consolidate information on donors
- Review requests for proposals or applications with the RM team and advise on feasibility of the programs and or projects
- Directly contribute to proposal development by writing, reviewing and submitting proposals, including maintaining high quality documentation of proposals.
- Liaise with donor staff, partners and respective teams to consolidate inputs for proposals, including managing to deadline select portions for the proposal
- Lead cross-organization teams to development proposals
- Provide practical support to teams in proposal development, coordinating the internal review process and providing substantive input on proposals
- Edit and format proposals to a final form, as assigned
- Contribute to the research, business planning and launching of new business ventures in liaison with Communication and Marketing strategist
- Contribute to the research, development and launching of fundraising campaigns in collaboration with the Communications Team as assigned.
- Support the planning and facilitation of fundraising activities and events, including identifying and engaging potential corporate sponsors
- Participate in strategic meetings, technical working group forums and processes to stay up to date with unfolding events or issues and ensure that ICL is best placed to advice donors on such events or issues.
- Develop and maintain partner intelligence and tracking tools.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with donors and resource mobilization networks/groups in Kenya and abroad
- Negotiate collaboration with partner institutions and government departments on proposals, and ensure formalization and documentation of these partnerships.
- Support the identification and engagement of corporate partners.
- Develop and monitor partnership with corporate
- Support community asset mapping within projects for raising project funds
- Training and support of project staff to maximize community assets.
- Build ICL’s staff and partner’s capacity in resource mobilization by maintaining quality and fit for purpose structures, systems and tools.
- Support the facilitation of regular RM Team meetings.
- Deliver training to ICL staff, Affiliates and other groups in resource mobilization as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in development sciences (Sociology, Development studies, Anthropology, Economics or related field).
- Post-graduate qualification in program/project design and development
- Minimum 4 years work experience in an NGO in relevant field.
- Experience in resource mobilization, including identifying CFP/RFA and developing concept notes and proposals (minimum 2 years)
- Experience in project management
- Experience in research and analysis.
- Ability to identify and asses relevant CFPs and RFAs.
- Good understanding of donor environment both within Kenya as well as internationally.
- Good understanding of budgeting and finance and is able to compile a proposal budget.
- Ability to organize work of self and other effectively, carry out thorough planning, and meet tight deadlines.
- Be flexible, adaptable and dynamic.