Upcoming Career Vacancy Kenya Institute of Management for Communication & Corporate Affairs Officer
Job Opportunity: Kenya Institute of Management for Communication & Corporate Affairs Officer
Job Vacancy: Kenya Institute of Management for Communication & Corporate Affairs Officer
The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities. Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond. We achieve this through our service/product portfolio including: Membership Development Programs, Professional Diploma in Management and Certifications, Executive Short Courses, Management Consultancy, Research Solutions, Entrepreneurship and Business Skills Training, Business Advisory Services , Business Excellence and Recognition Awards (OPI/COYA/SMOYA) and Management Magazine.
This position is responsible for provision of assistance in branding, communications and developing content for the KIM website and Intranet, social media monitoring and providing event organization support to all KIM divisions.
- Brand, communicate and position the Institute as a hub of excellence through use of branded items such as brochures, banners and flyers.
- Execute effective Media relations and identify opportunities to participate in media through ensuring availability of required media content such photo coverage, developing media invites and develop media contents.
- Coordinate and drive effective Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programmes through organizing CSI activities.
- Execute a vibrant digital presence through KIM website and social media. This entails managing Facebook pages, Twitter and linked in and ensuring constant posting in social media to keep it active. Also in charge of sending bulk SMS to the public.
- Provide support in coordination of event branding such as COYA awards and trainings through ensuring availability of the necessary branded items.
- Manage photography and Videography in KIM events to be kept as a database of events that occurred.
- Assist in media monitoring and record topical issues by tracking trends through newspaper, online news sources and other competing publications.
- Help maintain solid customer relationships by handling customer questions and concerns online on time and with professionalism.
- Assist in the creation of social media policy and brand manuals that guide its usage and expected outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism skills or any related field.
- Membership to Public Relations Society of Kenya is an added advantage
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience.
Key Performance Indicators
- Vibrant social media
- Updated website
- Media Monitoring collection
- Visibility and brand awareness
- Branded events
- Back up for Communication materials
- Networking skills
- Public Relations
- Event Management skills
- Marketing skills
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Customer Care skills
- Digital Marketing skills
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply
Interested candidates are advised to visit and apply at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your application to reach us by 28th March, 2018.
In addition please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.