Feb 2017 Career Vacancy Finance Manager in Rwanda
Our client is a leading multinational in the financial services sector with a focus in long-term savings, insurance services, asset management, banking, protection and investment group with over 150 years of operations in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia supported by over 50,000 employees serving over 15 million customers. The company has opportunity for qualified, experienced and talented individual to fill the following position.
Are you a young seasoned hands-on manager who is confident, result oriented, ambitious, resourceful and imaginative with the desire to challenge yourself; Are you someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo, ambitious, brave and passionate in everything you do? If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
The jobholder will be reporting to the Managing Director-Rwanda
The job holder will manage the finance function of the company in a professional manner to ensure the company meets its financial obligations on a day to day basis.
Responsibilities for the Finance Manager Jobs
- Contribute to and implement broader financial strategy across the business.
- Long term focus on future financial direction of the business.
- Set operational policies for the business, develop and take accountability for a business plan.
- Potentially manage non-financial functions.
- Responsible for actuarial valuation of the business.
- Translate strategy into business plan.
- Manage Financial resources
- Accountable for preparation of financial reports, results and commentary
- Manage Financial and Operational performance
- Responsible for planning and forecasting
- Manage capital and Tax
- Ensure best financial operating practice and compliance.
- Responsible for audit liaison as well as tax, legislative and statutory requirements.
- Influence business on corrective actions required on issues raised during monthly management accounting process.
- Look for opportunities to minimize tax liabilities of the organization.
Key Result Areas and Performance Indicators
- To manage the company liquidity on a day to day basis to ensure that the funds are always available to meet any obligations that may arise
Establish and perform an effective budgetary monitoring system (variance analysis) to ensure that it is as per the approved plan and that any variance is explained
Ensure that all company debts are collected within the stipulated time to ensure that the company meets its financial obligations and Return on Investment income
- Ensure that (external and internal) accounting procedures are being followed & in compliance with international financial reporting standards and regulatory requirements
Qualifications for the Finance Officer Jobs
- Degree in Business related Studies with a Master’s degree in Business or Finance is desirable.
- CPA (K) /ACCA or its equivalent
- Working knowledge of Emerge T24 and Great Plains ERP.
- At least 10 years of which a minimum of 2 years should be in the insurance industry.
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Management and Leadership skills
- Financial Management
- Excellent Computer packages knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
Salary budget: Kshs.550, 000-650,000
How To Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke on the vacancy page before close of business 8 th February 2017.Only successful candidates will be contacted.