Feb 2018 Career Recruitment Regional Programme Adviser in East Africa & Yemen Region
Job Vacancy: Regional Programme Adviser in East Africa & Yemen Region
Job Recruitment: Regional Programme Adviser in East Africa & Yemen Region
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Closing date: 22 Feb 2018
The Norwegian Refugee Council is looking for a Regional Programme Adviser to support the East Africa and Yemen Region. The position will provide specialist advice and guidance to Country Directors and/or Heads of Programme to ensure that optimal programme strategies, structures, systems and resources are in place; and assist Country Offices in meeting donor requirements.
• Support and ensure quality control of donor proposals and reports, and internal programme strategy documents and reports.
• Provide specialist support, advice and guidance to programme development and to strategic planning in country programmes.
• Support evaluations in country programmes.
• Promote lessons learned and best practices into programme development in country programmes, including from M&E products (such as GORS and Evaluations).
• Responsible for PCM support, including facilitation and delivery of trainings, to country programmes within the region.
• Coordinate internal reporting and facilitate meetings between Country Offices the Regional Office and Head Office
• Ensure correct archiving of key Country Office strategy, programme and project documentation, and keep oversight of Country Office proposal and reporting deadlines.
• Focal point for specific donors as assigned and responsible for staying updated on trends of these donors in the region.
• Conduct analysis of trends in the region or sub-region to contribute to regional understanding and provide evidence for advocacy and innovative project ideas.
• Represent NRC in relevant fora as required.
• Minimum First Level University Degree / BA in relevant field
• Specialist knowledge and expertise equivalent to an advanced university degree in a relevant field (e.g. international development, politics, social science)
• Minimum 5 years of experience within the humanitarian/recovery context, of which 3 years of Manager/Advisor experience
• Experience developing proposals and reports for various key donors (NMFA, UNHCR, DFID, ECHO etc.
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Experience working with overall strategy development and planning
• Expertise/knowledge about the relevant region
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Handling insecure environments
• Planning and delivering results
• Working with people
• Communicating with impact and respect
• Coping with change
* This position is a maternity leave cover**
• Contract Duration: up to 14 March 2019 • Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya • Travel: 20-30% • Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions • NRC may be required to verify the identify of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
**Qualified nationals of Kenya and females are highly encouraged to apply**
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website: www.nrc.no/vacancies