Jan 2017 Career Recruitment Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in Kenya
Job Career: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in Kenya
Job Recruitment: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in Kenya
Organization: Initiatives Inc.
Closing date: 13 Jan 2017
Initiatives Inc. seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded health project. This five-year project aims at strengthening services and systems for HIV and AIDS with a focus on strengthening county, facility and community capacity to effectively manage HIV/AIDS service delivery. Location: Western Province Kenya.
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation systems and activities, including development of the M and E framework; data collection and storage processes and platforms; data analysis and report; documentation and visualization of results.
- Manage routine data collection, data quality assurance and data analysis; document improvements, lessons learned and project progress and achievements relevant to indicators and targets.
- Orient project staff on data collection and lead the project team in data interpretation and use.
- Ensure timely reporting of data to PEPFAR and USAID per donor requirements.
- Manage and supervise project monitoring and evaluation staff.
- Oversee project reporting and documentation, including the development of articles for publication and/or conference presentations.
- Master degree or higher in public health, statistics, health services administration or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience developing and managing monitoring and evaluation systems for public health programs, with specific experience in HIV programs.
- A strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation of health systems strengthening interventions and outcomes.
- High professional competency in data analysis and report writing for complex public health programs.
- Extensive experience in qualitative and qualitative data analysis, GIS, and use of dashboards and other data visualization methods.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Professional-level English written and verbal communication.
- Previous experience in USAID- and PEPFAR-funded projects.
How to apply:
All applicants should email a CV, cover letter, and contacts for three references to email@example.com with “Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist” as the subject line.