June 2017 Career Recruitment Java For Legal Internships in Kenya
Legal Internships at Java House
Assist in preparing contracts, examining the legal aspects of the business, researching and drafting legal memos to the Management when changes are made to the laws. Analyze issues of compliance and non-compliance within the business.
Legal Internship Key Responsibilities
- Perform legal research on general areas and new developments on law.
- Manage case files
- Perform administrative duties such as filing, scanning and managing files.
- Assist with preparation of trials or memoranda.
- Assist in minute taking in hearings.
- Follow up of the intellectual property applications.
- Assist in writing & summarizing comparative case notes on the reviewed documents including contracts and other legal documents and ensure the check-list is adhered to.
- Assist in conducting legal and statutory compliance of the business.
Qualifications for the Legal Internship
- Should have a minimum degree in Law from a recognized institution
- Must be conversant and with relevant knowledge on Property Laws, Business Laws, and Labor Laws.
- Should have good Research Skills
- Be computer literate
- Have worked before in a law firm or other legal office setting.
- Possess organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexible and adaptable
- Should be a team player and work with other teams and professionals in legal matters.
- Good research and investigative skills to conduct legal research.
- Able to work within deadlines and under minimum supervision
- Ability to review laws and new regulations and assist in reporting to the Company.
- Ability to organize and maintain documents in paper and electronic filing system
How to Apply