Aug 2017 Career Opportunity IT End User Support Specialist in Nairobi
Career Vacancy: IT End User Support Specialist in Nairobi
Job Opportunity: IT End User Support Specialist in Nairobi
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage two dynamic individuals for the IT End User Support Specialist position for one of our clients in the manufacturing industry.
This position is located in Nairobi. This is a 4 month contract with possibility of extension.
Salary: KShs 80K
Job Description: The IT User Support Specialist makes sure the users in his operating site of responsibility receive the right level of support.
The main objectives of this position are:
- Fulfilling and remediating user requests and incidents on time and with excellent quality.
- Ensure the appropriate level of communication with the users.
- Respect the Service Level commitments defined with the users.
- Support OpCo Local Applications .
- Additionally, the IT User Support Specialist manages the local IT equipment (databases, servers, network) not in control of the Global I&O teams.
- Collaborate in the analysis and budgeting of the IT services of his OpCo including staffing, equipment, licenses, outsourcing and consumables.
- Provide 1stlevel of support (including 2ndlevel for local infrastructure and applications)
- Administrate local infrastructure not managed by Global I&O teams
- Administrate local applications not managed by the Regional Applications team
- Administrate Local collaboration & knowledge.
- Classifies and prioritises requests and incidents
- Ensure the coordination of 1st, 2ndand 3rdlevel support
- Work proactively on root cause analysis, problem solving and standard operating procedures creation.
- Answer inquiries and provide basic training to users in the proper use of hardware and software
- Monitor the local applications environment
- Handle the communication to end users and other IT departments
- Ensure the Service Level commitments are respected
- Follow and implement the security, internal control and standardization principles defined by the group and regional teams.
- Implement service enhancements that will improve the reliability, usability, security, supportability and performance of the desktop environment.
- Participate and facilitate the cross functional work between the I&O (infrastructure and operations) operating areas
- Work on the efficient transfer of delivered services into the run organization (service introduction)
- Collaborate in the creation, maintenance and execution of an IT continuity plan for the OpCo that would minimize the business loss in case of an IT disaster
- Managing related suppliers, their costs and performance through local service agreements.
- Recruiting, coaching, developing and motivating employees within own area of responsibility and creating a work environment that retains the key personnel required to deliver value added innovative IT services across the business
- Graduate degree in Business or Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with an IT focus.
- Certifications: ITIL; CoBIT, CMMI. Cisco and Microsoft Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, SQL), DB administration, Linux/UNIX OS and virtualization are a plus.
- Broad technical knowledge of IT.
- Understanding of IT services, technology and solutions.
- End User services experience.
- Work experience in a related industry setting (cement, aggregate, ready-mix) is a plus.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Deep understanding of running IT services in regards to technology and processes.
- Strong analytical, design and development skills including troubleshooting and integration of IT services.
- Strong competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Ability to develop and implement IT policies and governance.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 18th August 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking “IT End User Support Specialist” on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted