Jan 2018 Career Employment NGO For Executive Assistant in Kenya
Career Application: NGO For Executive Assistant in Kenya
Job Employment: NGO For Executive Assistant in Kenya
Our client is an international charity NGO and they are looking to recruit a vibrant & polished Executive Assistant who will be responsible for providing administrative and programmatic key support to the office of the Executive Director in institutional communication, reporting and fundraising; and leads organization documentation efforts in line with the strategic plan and annual work plan with the periodic review and development of successive plans.
Location: Nairobi, with occasional travel to the field
Reports to: Executive Director
- Managing the Executive Directors electronic diary.
- Prepare & manage correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director
- Booking meetings, organizing travel and preparing complex itineraries
- Make submissions of the Executive Director’s expenses reimbursement and other financial requests
- Coordinate weekly staff meetings, bi-weekly senior staffs check-in with the Executive Director.
- Provide required support to the Executive Director role as Secretary to the Board
- Support scheduling of the Executive Director’s performance reviews of her direct reports annually.
- Ensure that the Executive Director has adequate information and is prepared for all engagements.
- Offer key support and input to institutional fundraising strategies.
- Ensure all relevant data and materials are provided for proposal development and reporting, by continuous review of programme data and consulting staff and community partners.
- Develop detailed, dynamic and compelling written funding requests and reports that accurately represent the organization on-going and new work as provided in current strategic plan
- Cultivate relationships with funder partners and peers through participating in and convening key meetings and international networking
- Assist the Executive Director in general donor correspondence and liaison.
- Co-develop dynamic and compelling communication material and pieces targeting individual funders in the US, in liaison with the Executive Director and the resource mobilization consultant.
- Represent the Executive Director in key forums and meetings as requested from time to time.
- Support selected programmes as requested by the Executive Director from time to time.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and related fields
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Good command of English language
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to interact with high level individual personalities
- Highly confidential
- Must be well polished & cultured
- Strong sense of initiative
- Good problem solving & time management skills
- Culturally sensitive and ability to adapt easily.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, APPLY HERE before Friday 26th January 2018.