Mar 2017 Career Employment FIELD NUTRITION OFFICER
Career Opportunity: FIELD NUTRITION OFFICER
Job Employment: FIELD NUTRITION OFFICER
Organization: Food for the Hungry
Closing date: 24 Mar 2017
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Undertakes and coordinates the implementation of the Health and Nutrition interventions in the assigned region at the health facility and community level in close collaboration with other technical team from the Ministry of Health, and other agencies. The Field Nutrition Officer also supports the health facility staffs and community health workers in implementation of these activities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Key Result #1- Implementation of nutrition activities in the region
- Prepare work plans with regard to implementation of high impact nutrition activities in the assigned region and seek collaboration with key partners in doing this.
- Develop key messages on nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure they are delivered appropriately.
- Ensure that management of acute malnutrition is done according to laid down procedures and screen in this respect children under five and pregnant and lactating mothers on a monthly basis.
Key Activity #2 – Offering Technical support /trainings
- Conduct on-job trainings to the facility health workers and community health workers.
- Implement high impact nutrition interventions packages at the health facilities and community levels.
- Facilitate formation of mother to mother support groups, their functionality and linkage to the health facilities
- Work closely with other agencies with nutrition programs in the region/zone
- Support multi sector linkage between the nutrition sector and other nutrition sensitive sectors
Key Result #3 – Monitoring and reporting
- Monitor the implementation of the project activities and prepare regular (progress) reports, in accordance with donor requirements.
- Support Health facilities in Nutrition commodity report management
- Support the ministry of health in ensuring adequate nutrition commodities at the health facility level
- Participate in Annual Nutrition surveys
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: email@example.com latest by24th March 2017.
This is an urgent position and shortlisting will be done a CVs are received.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.