Apr 2017 Career Description Sales & Product Manager in Kenya
Career Vacancy: Sales & Product Manager in Kenya
Job Description: Sales & Product Manager in Kenya
Our Client is currently recruiting an ICT Security Sales & Product Manager.
To plan, manage and report on manufacturer/vendor portfolios to maximize the companys’ value‐add and ensure success in terms of the company’s revenue and profitability.
The aim of the role is to own the relationship into a portfolio of named manufacturer/vendor accounts on behalf of the company. The position holder will work in collaboration with the Marketing Department to develop and execute compelling solution propositions for the company.
Responsibilities for the Sales & Product Manager Job
- Strategy: – Selection of appropriate products solution pricing, quality, features, critical advantages, integrate ability and provide an annual product solution roadmap plan.
- Sales Generation: – Generate sales as per the agreed set target of Kshs. Twenty (20) million per month i.e. five (5) million per week.
- Research and Development: – Work towards the innovation, introduction and improvement of products/solutions and processes and Provide information center to keep the organization and clients up to date with commercial and technical information related to SDS technical offering.
- Product management: – Pricing, negotiation, min & max stock holdings, forecasts
- Head of Technical Presales: – You shall head all technical presales activities on all products the company deals with and be accountable for and assist the Sales executives, sales admin & marketing teams.
- Training: – work along with all product managers to come up with necessary certification levels, staff training structure and certification matrix in consultation with the Sales Manager/Business Development Manager, Human Resource Manager, Chief Executive Officer & Operations Manager.
- Certifications: – Ensure that all technicians in the respective product lines line have a minimum of two current certifications.
- Project manager / Customer Service agent and Sales Staff: – Responsible for Directing, Training & Technical aspects of sales and design, including Exhibitions, Trade shows etc
- Resellers: – Assisting with training & technical aspects of sales and design.
- Managing Technical/Installation staff: – Managing and directly involved in Training of technical staff, technical installation, support, configuration and commissioning of projects for efficient performance of the product solutions portfolio.
- Customer Support: – Proactively provide customer support and education, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems, or to provide information on product use.
- Records Management: – Ensuring that all the transactions and activities related to the solutions portfolio are well recorded and are up-to-date in the Customer Relationship Management System (C.R.M) & Enterprise resource planning (ERP) respectively.
- Reports: – Ensuring that all the reports, analysis and feedback relating to the performance of the respective solutions are prepared and presented as required by the top management on a weekly basis.
- Product and Solutions Marketing: – Ensuring that the product solutions are well marketed to both the employees and potential clients to arouse interest and drive sales.
- Upselling: – Proactively inducing existing customers to purchase more expensive solutions, upgrades or other add-ons in an attempt to make more profitable sales.
Qualifications for the Sales & Product Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT/Engineering or a Minimum 5 years’ installation industry experience.
- Extensive certification in relevant product line.
- Project Management and Audit Reviews
- Products Knowledge
- Report writing
- Training of Trainers
- Proficient in sales & Marketing
- Virtualization, cloud computing etc.
- Ability to develop product strategy plans consultatively with relevant stake holders.
- Ability to transfer these technical skills over to other staff.
- Having had experience in large integrated system technical sales, design, implementation and commissioning.
- Sales – Client convince ability through superior product knowledge and experience.
- Training – Ability to teach and impart technology to technical installers and customers.
- Team management skills.
- Dealing with Internal and External customers to improve business profitability.
How to Apply
If you feel you fit this role, click here to apply.