Aug 2017 Career Description Power Governors Ltd For Accounts Clerk in Kenya
Job Vacancy: Power Governors Ltd For Accounts Clerk in Kenya
Job Description: Power Governors Ltd For Accounts Clerk in Kenya
Vacancy Announcement: Accounts Clerk
Power Governors Limited is a leading solutions provider for automobile speed governors, chloride exide batteries, car tracking, fuel systems, car alarms and fleet management.
PGL has many years of experience working with the best engineers and automobile experts in the industry.
Job Purpose / Summary: This position is responsible for keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and Reconciling bank statements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with cash book.
- Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the computer; processing backups.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable).
- Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (Quickbooks, Sage)
- Maintain a fixed assets register
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Clean, dust and mop office floor and wipe desks and floors.
- Prepare tea for the office staff and make sure utensils are cleaned and well organized
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Any other duty assigned by the Management from time to time
- At least CPA 2 or equivalent
- 1 year experience in bookkeeping in a busy company
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Competency in MS Office and accounting software’s such as Quick-books
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Well organized
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject – Accounts Clerk) to email@example.com before 21st August, 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.