Jan 2018 Career Description Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in Kenya
Career Application: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in Kenya
Job Description: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in Kenya
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a not-for-profit, Christian organisation whose mission is to reach isolated communities through aviation. In Kenya we fly small aircraft to assist Mission organisations, Churches and Relief agencies in providing humanitarian and spiritual sustenance to isolated people.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a team that will have a life changing impact on those we serve. MAF is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self -motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer in our hanger at Wilson Airport in Nairobi.
The primary purpose of the position is to perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance in accordance with MAF approved standards, KCAA regulations, Aircraft manufacturers’ standards and ICAO regulations.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Job Responsibilities
To perform efficient and effective maintenance and repair of aircraft and associated systems by:
- Performing all work in accordance with applicable standards and practices
- Participating in team decisions and activities
- Certifying work as required
- Completing all required documentation
- Supervising both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance work in the hangar as required
- Assigning tasks to the Technicians and Engineers as necessary
- Ensuring that necessary tools and materials are available for commencement of maintenance tasks
To actively participate in the Quality and Safety Management Systems by:
- Seeking opportunities for continual improvement
- Cooperating with quality and safety audits as applicable
- Utilizing the problem reporting system
- Using safe working practices including the use of PPE
Requirements for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Job
- Completion of approved aircraft maintenance engineer pre-employment course
- Possession of KCAA Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License with at least two type ratings; PT6A series (TR), C208 Series (TR) is essential.
- Possession of KCAA Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License, C206 Series, C182 Series, IO-550, IO-520, IO-540, O-470, and C210 Series is desirable.
- Must have 5 years of aircraft maintenance experience.
- Turbine or reciprocating engine experience is required.
- 10 years of job related experience is desirable
- There is an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a born again and committed Christian
- Good spoken and written English is essential as is an aptitude in verbal, non-verbal, numerical and mechanical reasoning
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the essential requirements above should send a motivation letter and a copy of your updated C.V, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 24th January 2018 at 4:00pm.
You will need to be able to demonstrate that you meet all of these requirements so please do not apply for this role unless you are able to demonstrate compliance.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.