Mar 2018 Career Application Nyeri County for Director Co-operative Development
Job Opportunity: Nyeri County for Director Co-operative Development
Job Application: Nyeri County for Director Co-operative Development
The County Government of Nyeri wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the above position.
Director Co-operative Development, Job Group “R”-One (1) Post
Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting to the Chief Officer, Trade, Tourism and Co-operative Development, the Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical advice on co-operative investments, finance, credit, marketing, project management, extension and advisory services;
- Developing and ensuring implementation of policies;
- Ensuring and enforcing compliance with co-operative legislation;
- Designing, coordinating and monitoring the implementation of co-operative activities.
- Preparing and validating registration and deregistration of co-operative societies documents,
- Monitoring co-operative societies liquidation process
- Developing education and training packages for co-operative movements
- Analyzing data for policy formulation
- Carrying out market research and disseminating research findings;
- Promoting value addition and processing; xi. Undertaking co-operative risk assessment;
- Developing new financial products, creating new policies and other co-operative ventures.
- Staff supervision, development and appraisal in the Directorate/Division
- Co-ordinating and monitoring the implementation of Vision 2030 and Nyeri County Vision for Economic and Social Transformation flagship projects.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Officer
Requirements for appointment
- Served for cumulative period of not less than twelve (12) years, three (3) of which must have been at the grade of Assistant Director of Co-operative Development in the public sector OR in a comparable and relevant position in the private sector;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:-Co-operative Management, Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Co-operative Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agribusiness from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Co-operative Management, Commerce, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Co-operative Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management and Organizational Development, Finance or Agribusiness from a university recognized in Kenya.
Remuneration and benefits
- Salary – As per Salaries and Remuneration (SRC)
- Terms of service – Three (3) years renewable contract.
- Service Gratuity – 31% of basic salary on completion of the contract
- Medical Cover – Provided for self, spouse and dependent children upto 2 years of age.
- Leave – 30 days annual leave with leave allowance
All Applicants MUST attach their CVs together with certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic and professional certificates and other testimonials
- National Identity Card
Applicants for the position of Director will be required to further avail certified copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Clearance from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance certificates from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
Officers working in the National Government, County Government(s) and other Government Bodies in similar or related positions are encouraged to apply.
Women and Person Living with Disabilities (PLWD) and meeting the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Written applications, together with the required documents should be sent to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET
P.O BOX 90-10100, NYERI
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 14th April 2018